9

^^^^^^

' Night, Arsehole

' Night, Arsehole. '

^^^^^^

Eden was sure her toes were going to fall off as she walked through the cold grass again, tip toeing around the side of the house. She stood in the light of the window, not even being able to smile at the rock music playing; her body too tired to do so. She shivered as she stepped forward and knocked lightly on the glass, jumping when the curtains flew back and Billy's face popped into view.

He was quick to open the window and help her inside, looking at her confused after he shut the window. Eden rubbed her jacket clad arms, taking a deep breath of the smoke filled room. She jumped again when Billy's hand grabbed her chin, twisting her had to the side lightly; his thumb running lightly over the fresh cut. The girl hissed in pain, closing her eyes to stop the tears from falling down her face.

'Who did this?' Billy asked with his cigarette still between his lips.

She shook her head as he removed his hand, looking down at the floor as he turned her head the other way to look at her other cheek which was still red.

'Who hurt you?' The boy asked again.

'It doesn't matter,' She whispered.

'Who did it, Eden?'

'Dad.'

The air in the room went tense as Billy's whole demeanour changed, his body becoming tense. She grabbed his arm as he went to leave, finally looking up at him with red eyes from holding back the tears.

'Please, don't,' She stated softly; 'I just want to be somewhere I feel safe.'

'You feel safe here? In this shit hole?' He asked with furrowed brows.

'No... I feel safe with you.'

His expression softened as he took in how upset she truly looked, her cheeks bright red. He didn't know how to comfort her, he had never had to do it before. But he attempted to do so anyway. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his chest; hesitantly kissing her forehead. Eden leant against his rock hard chest, revelling in the embrace.

As he let her go, he quickly moved to shut his door; handing her his cigarette afterwards. He watched was she drew in a breath, blowing a long stream of smoke out afterwards; a single tear rolling down her cheek. She looked at him with a smirk as she placed the cigarette back between her lips, meeting his eye as she blew out another round of smoke.

'Turned on yet?' She looked over his features.

'Extremely,' He replied.

Her stomach fluttered as his eyes flickered to her lips with a smirk, a small smile lighting up her own. Billy plucked his cigarette from her lips, placing it between his own. Eden yawned with a small smile, a quiet chuckle leaving her mouth afterwards.