Prologue

^^^^^

Prologue

Prologue

^^^^^

Her body was curled up into a ball amongst the blankets, her head resting on the wooden floor beneath her. Boxes and knick knacks were piling sky high around her, only leaving a small space so the door could open. She shivered as ice cold air blew up through the crack under the door, snow piling up outside. She stared out into the moonlight lit shack, eyes trailing over the things around her. A scream left her mouth when the door clicked unlocked and swung open, hitting her feet harshly.

'Ow! What the fuck?' She yelled as she twisted up to hold her boot clad feet.

But as she looked up with angered eyes to see who had opened the door with such force, her whole face fell.

'Shit. I'm so sorry. I didn't know anyone owned this place,' She gushed as she stood and began gathering her blankets.

'Eden? Eden Lawson?' Jim Hopper, the town's sheriff, asked.

'Hey, Hopper.'

'What are you doing out here on a night like this?'

She looked him in the eye for a brief second before she saw movement behind him, her eyes quickly flickering to a young girl stood behind him. She wore a huge thick jacket, her short curly hair tucked under her beanie.

'Eden?' Hopper pressed.

'Uh,' She moved her eyes away from the girl; 'Camping out, I guess.'

'In this weather?'

'Rain, hail or shine.'

Hopper looked at her with furrowed brows, wondering just how long Eden had been sleeping in his father's old shack.

'What about your parents? Did they kick you out or something?' He asked.

'No, just rather not be home most nights,' She shrugged.

'Well, your welcome to come here any time, ok? But tonight, you're gonna have to head home.'

'Alright. Thanks, Chief.'

She readjusted her arms in her blankets, heading toward the door. She sent a small smile to the girl who still stood on the deck watching her closely, earning a slight smile in reply.

Hopper sighed, 'Wait. I'll drive you in the morning, but... You have to help us clean this out.'

'Your wish in my command,' She grinned as she spun around.