13

^^^^^

' You scared them off with your ugly mug

' You scared them off with your ugly mug. '

^^^^^

Eden didn't move from her spot by the door as she searched the fog covered ground for any sign of this lizard creature, her hand still on the door handle. Steve and Dustin looked out the window further up, whispering quietly between themselves.

'Lucas, what's going on?' Dustin called.

'Hold on!' Lucas replied before there was a pause; 'I've got eyes! Ten o'clock! Ten o'clock!'

'There,' Steve pointed out.

'What the fuck is that thing?' The Lawson girl asked.

'That is a Demodog,' Dustin replied.

'What the fuck?'

She watched the creature creep forward, slowly becoming more visible through the fog.

'What's he doing?' Dustin asked.

'I don't know,' Steve answered; 'He's not taking the bait. Why is he not taking the bait?'

'Maybe he's not hungry?'

'Maybe he's sick of cow.'

Steve pushed himself up to stand, pausing for a second before he walked toward Eden.

'Steve? Steve, what are you doing? Steve?' Dustin asked.

'Just get ready,' He replied before chucking him the lighter.

Eden stepped out of the way as he reached for the door, glaring at him as he stepped out into the open; slowly walking forward. She was quick to pull the door shut behind him, Dustin shooting her a look.

'Just because he crazy, doesn't mean I want to die,' She  held her hands up in surrender.

'What's he doing?' Max asked as she clambered down the ladder.

'Expanding the menu,' Dustin muttered as he looked out the window.

The group watched as he swung his nail studded bat around by his legs, slowly continuing to inch forward. He finally stopped in front of the pile of meat, watching the creature carefully.

'He's insane,' Max muttered.

'He's awesome,' Dustin grinned, causing Eden to scoff.

She continued to watch on, her eyes never leaving the Demodog.

'Steve, watch out!' Lucas suddenly called from the roof.

Steve called something in reply before Lucas started screeching again, 'Three o'clock! Three o'clock!'

He spun around slowly, his eyes quickly widening at the sight of two more Demodogs.

'Steve!' Lucas called.