6

^^^^^^

' Oh, the arsehole has a heart

Oh, the arsehole has a heart. ' 

^^^^^^

Eden stumbled uncoordinated through the halls of the middle school, trying to find her way out of it. Her head throbbed as she paused, leaning against a wall to try and find her balance again. She raised her head slightly when she heard yelling from behind her, watching as Dustin and Billy's step sister running towards her.

'Eden? What are you doing here?' Dustin asked.

'Uh, looking for a ride home,' She slurred.

'Are you drunk?'

'Suffering from a concussion.'

'How'd you get a concussion?'

'I tripped and hit my head.'

The boy huffed in amusement, 'Nice.'

'Dustin!' Joyce's voice sounded in the hall.

'Mrs. Byers?'

'What's going on? Where's Will?'

Everyone's heads snapped up when the door down the end of the hall was thrown open, Lucas rushing in panting.

'The field!' He called before he raced back outside.

Eden pushed herself off the wall and stumbled up the hall as she rushed after the rest of the group, pushing the door open again as it shut in front of her. As she reached the field, Will was surrounded by all his friends and his mother; all of them trying to get him to wake up

'Will! Will! Will! Sweetie, wake up! It's Mum!' Joyce yelled as she shook her son; 'Will!  Will, wake up! Can you hear me? Will, please, just wake up.'

The boy's eye lids moved around rapidly, occasionally flashing the white of his eyes. The Lawson girl watched on, scared. She had heard of Will's episodes, but she had never seen one in person. She swayed on her feet, grabbing the first arm she could get; the red haired girl on the other end looking at her wide eyed.

'You don't look so good,' The girl stated.

'I'm... I'm ok. Just a little dizzy,' She replied brokenly.

'Maybe you should sit down.'

'I know you... You're that girl that was in Billy's car when he almost hit me.'

'I'm Max.'

She held her hand out as she was struggled to stand, 'Eden.'

Max shook her hand before looking back at Will, worry clear on her face. Joyce continued to yell at him, before he suddenly gasped and his eyes shot open. Everyone jumped in shock, the boy looking around weakly. He was quickly lead away from the field by his mother, who asked for his bag as he lead him out of the school. Eden didn't expect a ride home, but it had her worried as to how she would get home.