Seventeenth Glimmer: Moments

.~*~.+.~*~.

I must find Deneb.

I really, really must find him. Like, right now.

I sprinted to the woods. If I needed to use my Glimmer, then I would.

And if I had to jump into the Milky Way again, I'd do that in a heartbeat.

I found the river I was looking for and stared with it.

"Do I dare?" I whispered.

Deneb disliked it when I plunged into the river without him, but I wanted to see him right away.

"Forgive me, Deneb," I whispered, "but I really wanted to see you right now."

I closed my eyes and jumped to the river.

.~*~.+.~*~.

The wind spirits whispered playfully in my ears as I swam with the water nymphs in the river. Sakura petals surrounded the impenetrable orb I was in, and as I caught one and blew it away, it blazed into an enormous fire.

I smiled and continued playing with the elements. I was about to plunge deeper into the water when the sky suddenly rumbled, and the rain started pouring.

I glanced around and emerged from the water. I could will the river to let me stay dry, but I could not control the rain the way I wanted.

I ran because I was drenched from it. My visions became hazy, so I did not notice a being standing in front of me.

I bumped into the being, and the next thing I knew, I was staring into a pair of eyes, staring right into my own.

I felt something strange. I immediately backed away as I stared at him. His gaze was fixed on me. I continued to retreat.

He was so bright. It hurt my eyes. He was brighter than any flame I ever created.

I felt a rush of chill around me. And then I saw it.

Ice.

The ground was covered with ice. Everything became covered with it except for the spot I was standing on.

I moved backward again. The ice melted on the ground I stepped on.

It was still raining, and my vision was becoming blurred.

I retreated until my foot caught in a rock. I lost my balance, but the being suddenly grabbed my waist and caught me.

And that was the moment when my warm mist entwined with his cold dew.

.~*~.+.~*~.

"Deneb," I whispered, my eyes closed.

.~*~.+.~*~.

I watched the waves dance together with the wind. The air was but a remnant of autumn's chilly embrace. I inhaled and closed her eyes.

I had been waiting—waiting in this vast place where nobody could see me.

... maybe except for my own shadow.

I had been waiting for someone I never even knew except that he had been consistently visiting my dreams.

And in one of my dreams, I saw myself waiting in this exact location.

However, I had been waiting for over an hour and nobody showed up. Even the wind did not show any sign of staying.