Eleventh Glimmer: Magnet

.~*~.+.~*~.

"It's not madness, Hiraya. It's just... magic."

I kept hearing his voice in my head. I gently hit my forehead, hoping it would go away. It didn't. I sighed and leaned back against my chair.

I must not think about him. I must not think about him.

"I know you're weird, but you're getting worse each day."

I saw Luntian from the corner of my eyes, smirking at me. "What do you want?" I asked.

"I want you to come with me," he replied excitedly.

.~*~.+.~*~.

I knew it was a very bad idea, and that I was out of my mind to let him talk me into this.

"It's for my project," he insisted.

"Project? I don't remember something like this," I said, wrinkling my nose.

Luntian dragged me to a photo studio and told me to change my clothes and put on make-up.

"This is not for school," he said.

I frowned. "Is this something illegal? Are you trying to make weird videos and sell them online?"

"You really have a wild imagination, Hiraya," a familiar voice said.

I turned around to see Deneb approaching us with his hands on his pockets.

And maybe it was just my wild imagination, but something skip a beat in my chest.

"And what are you doing here?" I asked suspiciously.

"I called him over and asked for a favor," Luntian said.

I raised my eyebrows. "You asked a favor? From a professor?"

"I had to! I mean, my deadline is today, and the students that are supposed to help me bailed out until the last minute!" he replied dramatically.

"Why did they bail out? Is it because you are doing something illegal?" I pressed.

"It's not illegal! I'm just trying to apply for an internship in Likha. I need to submit photos with a concept I originally created and write something about them."

I got the picture, and I could not blame him for wanting to apply for an internship in Likha. I got in after being through so much struggle with my literary pieces.

"Fine, I'll help you. But what is he doing here?" I asked, nodding my head to Deneb's direction.

He sat lazily on a chair, completely ignoring us.

"He'll be your partner," Luntian replied.

"What's your concept, anyway?" I asked impatiently.

"Reincarnation."

"Excuse me?"

"I'm trying to create a concept about reincarnation. That's why there are Filipiniana clothes over there. My story is about two lovers from the eighteenth century who reincarnated and met again today."

So, that explained the Filipiniana clothes he was trying to make me wear.

"Alright, I get the picture," I said, giving in. I grabbed some clothes and went inside the changing room.

When I returned, Deneb had already changed into the concept clothes. I must have been staring at him because he raised his eyebrows as if asking me why.