Fifth Glimmer: Memory

.~*~.+.~*~.

"Can't you remember anything else?" I whined.

"You ask me that every five minutes," he replied.

"You give me the same answer."

"Because it's the same answer."

I harrumphed and folded my arms. We had been walking for hours now, and he seemed to be leading me to an abyss.

"You might as well lead me to the black hole," I muttered.

He looked at me. "Do you want to go there?"

"Of course not!" I snapped.

He shrugged. "I thought you do. I could take you there if you want."

I glared at him. "There exists such place?"

"Yes."

I put my hand on my forehead.

He stared at me. "Is your head hurting again?" he asked and was about to raise his hand when I stopped him.

"No, no, no. Don't you do anything," I said, holding up both of my arms.

He smirked. "Are you scared of me?"

"No, but since we are in this world of yours, I'm not sure my safety is guaranteed," I muttered.

He raised his eyebrows. "You're safe with me."

I put my hands on my hips. "You're sure about anything, aren't you?"

"Yes."

How arrogant. "I rest my case."

We continued walking until I could not take it any longer. I sat on a big stone to catch my breath.

"Wait," he said, "don't sit—"

"Ouch!" someone yelled.

I immediately stood up, and my eyes almost fell out of their sockets when I saw the stone I was sitting on. I pointed at it. "Did the stone just... talk?" I sputtered.

I blinked. Just then, a tiny light erupted and where the stone had been lying just a while ago, there was a little boy sitting on the ground instead. He frowned at me. "You don't just sit anywhere, Missy."

I blinked again and looked at Deneb. He seemed to be holding back his laughter. I scoffed at him and glanced back at the little boy. "I... well, sorry. Uh, what exactly are you?"

"A Star," he replied.

"But you were a stone just a while ago," I said, confused.

He shrugged. "Stones are my elements. Do you want a jewel? They make good hair ornaments."

"I..." I was speechless. Before I could reply, Deneb dragged me away from the spot.

We reached a nipa hut. I scanned the place and realized that it resembled the hut where he took me to when it was raining in the mountain. The only difference was that there were things in this hut—a bed, table, bookshelf full of books, kitchen, and other things inside a normal house. "You live here?" I asked.

"Just staying for a while," he answered.

"I thought you eat, sleep, and live in clouds," I said, confused.

He just shrugged.

"How long have you been searching for her?" I asked.

"I lost count of years," he said. "Sit down."