Tenth Glimmer: Madness

.~*~.+.~*~.

"So, you finally accepted that you are a Star?" Alpas asked.

"Like I had any other feasible choice," I replied.

"That's good! So, what are you doing?"

"Writing a novel."

"Ugh, I hate books," he muttered and continued eating.

I thought of asking my own parents about me being a Star. For sure they might have known something about it, but I could not reach them right now. They were frequently out of town, travelling all over the world for their business.

In a short period, I got used to having Glimmer around me. It just bothered me a little whenever tiny flame would suddenly burst out of nowhere. And this usually drove Alpas nuts because his tail usually caught on fire. Other than that, I guessed I could say I had perfectly been accustomed to what Deneb called Glimmer.

He was still searching for her, and I had been trying to help him by looking into her memory through my dreams. I did not find much except for the scenes that showed her and Deneb exchanging fatal strikes against each other using their elements.

"In other words, you were enemies," I said. "Or is it frenemies?"

Deneb shrugged. "I just had to see her."

"What's with you and your reason?" I asked exasperatedly.

He just shrugged again.

I shook my head.

Insane.

.~*~.+.~*~.

I examined the parchment we got from the students' files. Nobody reported it missing, so I was not worried. Maybe whoever hid the parchment inside did not think someone would be interested in it.

Come April the petals found their way to their master. Past midday she came to this realm. The Heavens touched the Earth with a heat that scorched the crust of all living creatures.

I had an uncanny feeling that the girl in this prose was the one Deneb had been searching for.

April. The first line was obvious enough. She must have been born on one April day, and the time of her birth was past twelve noon. It must have been one hot day because the prose talked about scorching heat.

Her hair the color of ebony bathed with rays of the sun, long enough to cover the clothes of her birth. Skin had shamed the porcelain from an ancient dynasty. Ivory had finally found the rival of its essence.

So, that must be what she looked like—long black hair with strands of blond and brown... fair skin.

Behind her eyes hid the galaxy's secrets, and inside her ears were but whispers of silence—the silence that rivaled the Earth's loveliest music.

Okay, so I had no idea on this line except that maybe she had a mysterious aura around her. And secrets. She had her fair share of secrets.

Come April the petals rejoiced upon the birth of their master. Past twilight the rain embraced its other half.

No idea at all. I sighed and put the parchment away.

I must have been crazy to put up with this insanity.

.~*~.+.~*~.

"The society is filled with more than what a naked eye can see. A thorough study is just but a single element for discoveries. You need a calling," he said. "Yes, a calling to discover the unknown."