Seventh Glimmer: Midday

.~*~.+.~*~.

"Are you sure about this?" he asked.

"Of course, not."

He gave me a funny look. "Then what are we doing here?"

"Research," I answered. "Ever heard that word?"

"I'm a professor, Ms. de Luna, in case you've forgotten," he reminded me smugly.

I smirked. "That's just your cover."

He shrugged. "I'm still one," he said, "whether you like it or not."

Ugh. He really could get on my nerves. He knew what buttons to push to irritate me.

I chose to ignore him.

"Is what we're doing legal?"

I smirked again. "If you're that worried, then why don't you make us invisible or something?"

"Glimmer is not something to use for cheating or for doing something illegal."

"I wonder if getting a job here disguised as a professor is legal enough," I said sarcastically.

"Did you invent sarcasm?" he asked, sighing. "And you always have rebuttal on everything I say."

"Well, most of the things you say don't make sense at all, so..."

He ignored me and continued going over through the files. "What makes you think she had a file here in this school?"

"Logic," I replied. "The Milky Way sent you to this humble town, so she must have something to do with this place. After all, this is the only educational institution in this town where they send children to study."

"Are you saying we should search the records of all the students here in school?"

"No," I snapped. "You said she was four years younger than you are, so we're obviously the same age. We will just go through the records of all the students in my batch."

"Can't you remember all the names in your year?"

I glared at him. "I told you, this is the only educational institution in town, so how many kids do you think this school would accommodate? More than a hundred. Do you expect me to know all the names of those kids in my batch?"

"Yes," he replied thoughtfully. "Normally."

"What?" I asked absent-mindedly.

"Then again," he said, smirking, "you're not normal. You have a world of your own."

I raised an eyebrow. "Are you making fun of me? Do you want me to assist you or not?"

He smirked again. "Final grade."

I scowled at him while browsing through the files. I skipped through the files of my classmates since I was familiar with them.

As I browsed through the files, I noticed that there was a weird-looking paper. It didn't seem to belong there as it looked like an old parchment covered in pink dye. I pulled it out from the files and read the contents. I tapped Deneb and gestured for him to look at the paper.

Come April the petals found their way to their master. Past midday she came to this realm. The Heavens touched the Earth with a heat that scorched the crust of all living creatures.

Her hair the color of ebony bathed with rays of the sun, long enough to cover the clothes of her birth. Skin had shamed the porcelain from an ancient dynasty. Ivory had finally found the rival of its essence.