Sixteenth Glimmer: Myriad

.~*~.+.~*~.

He was back.

And so, everything went back to normal, including the female population's constant admiration for him. The moment he stepped inside the campus, girls swarmed all over him.

I gave him an amused look every time I saw his irritated face.

"You don't get jealous?" Luntian suddenly asked.

"No, why would I be?" I asked, surprised.

"Well, you and I both know that you and that shining, shimmering, splendid Star have some sort strange bond."

"Strange bond? And what's that? You're inventing things again."

I stopped walking and watched Deneb being pestered by a group of students. "Bond?" I whispered to myself. "Do we have a strange bond? I don't know anymore."

I only knew that I had this strange feeling for him.

"Unless love is not strange," I muttered quietly while watching him from the distance.

"Love? Who's in love?" Luntian asked suddenly.

I quickly glanced at him. I had almost forgotten he was there.

"Nobody," I said hurriedly.

"Oh, really?" he asked, raising an eyebrow and looking at me before averting his gaze to Deneb.

I rolled my eyes and walked away. He followed me and continued pestering me about everything that had something to do with the word love.

"Do you know that love is the most wonderful thing in the world?" he crooned. "I can tell you countless of reasons to fall in love."

I sighed and put my hands on my hips. "Why don't you fall in love, then?" I demanded.

"Well, I have already fallen in love," he said smugly.

"With whom?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"With myself, of course."

I rubbed my temples. "You know what?"

"Yes?"

"Find somebody else to talk to."

I walked faster. He kept on muttering about how I would grow old all alone, and no guy would ever like me for my strange behavior. I just smirked at him and told him to get lost.

We arrived at our classroom and heard our female classmates talking about Deneb again. They were also talking about how he and Serena Diamante looked perfect together.

I folded my arms and listened to them. I wanted to use my Glimmer and create something that would automatically shut down everything I heard about them.

"What kind of face is that?" Luntian asked.

"The face of someone who is ready to kill," I muttered.

He choked back his laughter. "OMG, you're jealous! You're so, so jealous!"

"I'm not!" I snapped at him. All heads turned toward my direction. My face grew hot, and I knew I could accidentally set something on fire again.

But nothing happened.

"What's this noise all about? Who's jealous?" a familiar voice asked.

I wrinkled my nose. Now I knew why there were no fire accident. The fire extinguisher came inside the classroom, smirking.