Cafe. (Chapter eight)

Gavin was looking on his monitor, bored. He looked at the time and it was almost time for his lunch break and honestly he actually wanted to leave. To get coffee of course, right? He decided that he'd go early. Reed got up and grabbed Conan by the arm and dragged him out.

"Detective? Where are we going?"

"To the cafe" Gavin kept walking. "And I told you that you can call me by my first name."

"I know and we've got seven minutes and twen-"

"Who gives a shit, just make up a excuse if anyone asks."

"Alright Gavin."

Gavin looked at Conan. He looked away and they left the police department. It took them about two minutes to get to the cafe.

They both walked in and went to order for Gavin's coffee. Surprisingly Conan ordered something for himself to drink.

"You can drink?" Gavin tried to raise an eyebrow.

"I can just I don't need to and it doesn't do anything."

Gavin nodded, he was listening to Conan rumble. Staring into his ocean eyes.

"Gavin?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"What are you going to order?"

"Oh yeah." Gavin looked away from Conan and ordered. Gavin was about to pay before seeing two of the android's, Conan and the workers LED flicker yellow. "Enjoy." The worker said.

"What the hell did you do?" Gavin looked at Conan, confused.

"I paid for our drinks." Conan passed Gavin his coffee. Heading to a table.

Gavin followed. "Why?"

"I thought it would be nice."

Gavin couldn't lie, that was nice of him to do so.

They both sat down at a table. Gavin sipping his coffee. "So, you can actually drink?"

"I did say I could."

"That's really fucking weird."

"How?" Conan tilted his head confused.

"Makes you seem more human."

"Don't worry, it's just my appearance." Conan winked. Gavin got flustered but he started smiling.

The android drank his water. Making Gavin forget for a second that he was an android. He stared.

"What?" Conan looked at Gavin.

"Hm? Uh..nothing?"

Conan smiled.

Gavin kept sipping his coffee and they started talking more. Fuck this seems like a date.

Conan said something ridiculously funny. He pretended that he didn't know what he said. Gavin bust out a laugh. Conan chuckled. Seeming glad that Gavin was happy.

"Fucking hell, this is great."

"Hm?" Conan looked over.

"Hey ti- Conan." Stopping himself from insulting the android. "Can we do this tomorrow?"

"Sure, I'd love to." Conan smiled widely. Making Gavin smile as well.

"You're paying tomorrow though."

"Hey!" Gavin laughed.

"I'm joking! You don't have to." Conan chuckled. "Your ass is probably broke." Conan joked.

"I'm not fucking broke!" Gavin laughed more. "Sure you are." They kept laughing. Enjoying themselves.

"Y'know, you aren't that bad Conan."

"Oh, thank you." Conan smiled.

"For a fucking microwave." Gavin held in his laughter.

"Hey!" They both laughed again. Fucking hell Gavin was softening up to this machine. Was this a good thing?