twenty

avery+

the past couple weeks, i haven't left sam's side. we've stayed at each others places, go everywhere together, and i even started to workout with him.

today, there was a pool party planned at these guys' house whose friends with the boys. of course me and sam went together. i was finally proud to show him off. our relationship had gotten so serious, i couldn't help but hope we would move a step further soon.

"hey" jack hugged me as i arrived.

"hey" i smile awkwardly.

"wow, you look amazing. have you been working out? i think i see some abs" he looked at my abdomen due to me wearing a bikini. .

"uh yeah, sam has a great trainer" i held my stomach and looked up at sammy.

"as if she wasn't hot before" sam comments and i nudge him.

"well he's not wrong you look amazing, i'm glad you two found a common interest" he nodded.

"we have other common interests" he kissed my cheek and i hit him.

"i'm sorry, he's embarrassing" i blushed.

"why don't you embarrass me?" natalie put her arms around him and he hugged her.

not going to lie, part of me got annoyed and immediately wanted to leave the area. but i've learned to get over it mostly. its not so much jealousy for wanting jack but just disliking natalie as a person.

"so where are we exactly?" i asked.

sam gave me a nod as jack showed me around. he seemed to know the people more than him.

"this is kian and this is jc. there's other people too but this is their house" jack placed his hand on my back as he introduced me.

"nice to meet you, i'm avery" i shook their hands.

they were both pretty attractive. if i wasn't taken, i would probably try and go for kian.

"we've heard a lot about you" jc took me out of my thoughts.

"i hope not bad" i look at jack.

"mostly good" he chuckled.

they showed me around until we reached the pool. it's a nice house. not too over the top, surprisingly based on their personalities.

"so you and sam, huh?" kian asked as he handed me a drink in a red cup.

"yeah, i was surprised at first too but he's great" i took a sip.

"well if you ever need to talk or have a good time we're always here" he patted my shoulder and left to mingle.

"what'd you think of them? did they scare you off?" sam asked as we sat on a lawn chair together.

"no they're really cool" i defended them and he agreed with me.

"so, i wanted to talk to you about something, how about we go out to dinner tonight?" he put his arm around my waist.

"sounds good, babe" i kissed his cheek.

as i watched everyone mingle and party my eye caught jack and natalie in the pool. whispering and laughing with one another. maybe i was wrong and they are happy together.