three

jack+

"how many meals are you gonna need? let's see. four bridesmaids-" johnson started to calculate.

he's actually great with this whole wedding planning stuff. i just wish he'd fine someone of his own.

"actually... only three" i sighed.

"three? that would make it uneven- jack, what did you do?" he asked me.

"nothing! avery just threw a fit about table cloths and said she won't go" i defended myself.

"doesn't sound like avery. and you just left? you're fine with her not going?" johnson asked.

"you should've heard the finality in her voice. she wasn't changing her mind" i said.

"you're ridiculous, gilinsky" he shook his head and left.

great. now he's on her side.

i didn't even do anything wrong. i just asked her to get tablecloths for me. she should of told me she couldn't do it if she wasn't going to.

i was just on my phone, not wanting to get out of my bed when suddenly i got a notification that johnson and avery both posted a photo on instagram. of course i had there notifications on.

what the hell. i see johnson kissing her cheek and she's beaming. i figured he went over there and i know he doesn't like her like that. i know they're just trying to get to me but it worked.

she looks so happy with her friends. and that's not me right now.

i decided to get back at them. i had something they didn't. a fiance.

"take a picture with me, babe" i pouted.

"are you okay jack? you never want to take pictures with me" natalie cocked an eyebrow.

"don't complain" i pulled her into the bathroom. 

we kissed passionately as i took the picture. me smiling in it because i knew how much it'd piss avery off.

my phone dinged again after we posted the picture. this time it was sammy's instagram. i opens the notification to the picture and it was him and avery. along with maybe ten people in the background. they had a get together without me, so me being me, i made my way over to avery's place.

they were listening to music and laughing. they were generally having fun without me.

"hey" i went up to avery.

she completely ignored me. i tried to face her but she kept turning away. really, we're going to be this petty?

i grabbed her wrist and turned her around to look at me. "avery. why the hell aren't you talking to me?"

she rolled her eyes, "do you really want to know?"

"yeah, or i wouldn't have asked." i said in a duh tone.

"okay, for starters, you only talk to me when you need something. you never just come over anymore, and yeah, i get that you have a fiance now, but hello, i'm your best friend. i know you have some free time. i have swam oceans and climbed mountains to get you what you need and the one time i don't drop everything and get it right after you ask you want to get mad at me like i never do anything you ask? please. now, if you don't mind, i'm going to go sit with my real friends." she ripped her wrist from my hand and walked away.

i looked at everybody and they were all looking at me, with a look of pity. i know they were all on avery's side, but they all knew how our friendship used to be.

i followed avery again. because i'm that annoying.

i didn't say anything. either did she. she was laughing and talking to her other friends like i was invisible so i decided to do the same.

i kept bumping into her, knowing she'd eventually have to face me. but nothing.

i waited until most people left to start my defense.

"i come over here almost everyday, avery" i started.

"yeah, when you want me to do something for you. i'm not your assistant, jack" she shouted out of anger.

"you can come to my house too you know" i replied.

"i do all of the time, and then you ask me to do stuff" her shout turned to a yell.

i stood there silently not knowing what to say.

"you know i never once got a thank you, or a sorry? i'm so stupid" she yelled, at this point i'm pretty sure she was talking to herself

"avery, i won't ask you to do anything again for the wedding. now please come, for me" i said in a calm tone.

"you're not getting it.... i think you should leave" she said in a monotone.

i couldn't sense how she felt, i think it was a mix of upset and anger.

"av, please. talk to me" i pleaded and held her hands.

"i said everything i needed to say. goodbye jack" she said with finality in her voice.

she left my grip and held the front door without looking at me.

i stood there for a minute, thinking that this must be some kind of joke. once i realized she was waiting i left without saying a word.

{ vote, comment, share }

     - lyss