fifteen

avery+

i sighed as i put my face in my hands. lauren, johnson, and i were trying to figure out what to eat for dinner. i love living with them, i just wish we all weren't so picky.

"chinese" lauren clapped.

"ehh, too fried" i shrugged.

"mexican, deep fried tacos sound heavenly right now" johnson suggested as me and lauren simply shook our heads.

did he not just hear that i don't want fried food?

"i want italian" i slumped.

"when don't you want italian?" lauren rolled her eyes.

"well we need to agree on something" johnson started to get frustrated.

"hey babe" i heard sammy walk in the door, causing my eyes to open in shock.

"hey" i kissed him, "didn't expect you" i smiled.

"i thought i'd make dinner, for everyone" he added.

"that's great sammy, we were actually just arguing about what to eat" johnson patted his back.

"what's on the menu?" lauren searched the grocery bags with curiosity.

"just baked chicken and mashed potatoes" he shrugged.

"sounds good" i smiled.

"so, anything with jack lately?" lauren asked at the dinner table.

"these potatoes are amazing, babe" i nodded.

"avery" lauren scolded me.

she hates being ignored. which is kind of fun, especially when i don't like the question.

"jack hasn't said a word to me since i asked him not to" i shrugged.

there's really not much to tell. i'm with sam, he's with natalie. we're both happy so why sabotage it?

"oh about that, i planned some time for you two to talk over things" johnson announced.

"really?" i asked in annoyance.

"yes. you two are best friends and you can't let this be the end. you have to go to his wedding, it doesn't matter who the bride is" he fought back.

when i surrendered and continued to eat my food, he did also. thankfully, sammy started to talk about work.

"i'll see you tomorrow" sam smiled as he held my hands.

"bye" i kissed him.

"i'm sorry i had to do that" johnson spoke as i shut the door.

"what time is it at?" i didn't accept his apology.

"one o'clock" he simply said, i nodded before heading to bed.

so now i have to spend time with jack tomorrow until i agree to come to his wedding. i know i've been saying i need time but i don't know if anytime will be enough.

"hey" jack smiled in the doorway the next morning.

"hey" i checked my looks in the mirror one more time for grabbing my phone.

i don't know why i cared about my appearance so much even though we'll probably just end up at in'n out. but i do care.

"you didn't have to pick me up" i told him.

"i know" he simply said.

"so about—" i started.

"just wait" he stopped me.