ten

avery+

"he didn't" i shook my head to sammy's question.

"he already knows, av" jack chuckled at my pathetic lie.

"and why did you just lie to me?" sammy raised his voice, "i thought we were close" he said softly.

"w-we are" i tried to convince him, not knowing how to handle this situation.

"then i'd like to know what the hell is going on" he crossed his arms.

it's weird seeing sammy like this. i know he's himself near the guys but he was always extra sweet near me, or any girl infact.

"fine, you deserve an explanation" i put my hands up in surrender, "would you like to come inside first" i pointed towards the stairs.

once he nodded we went up to my apartment, with jack following behind.

"you sure you should be here, i don't think sammy is happy with you" i whispered to jack.

"avs, i'm part of this to. i'll be here for you, i also need to make things right with sam" he explained, i simply smiled before grabbing out my keys.

"why is he still here?" he looked over at jack.

"sam, we're going to explain what happened. like you wanted" i reminded him.

"no, i asked you for an explanation. not him" he clarified.

"i'm not leaving sam, so just listen to what we have to say" jack finally spoke.

with that, sammy sat down on the chair. me and jack then sat opposite of him on the couch.

"first, i want to know why you kissed her?" he looked at jack.

"i don't know, honestly. we've been arguing so much lately and i couldn't do it anymore. so i had to see what i felt for her" he honestly told him.

i watched him as he spoke, me not knowing any of this information. i don't know why he didn't tell me this before. i thought we were open with eachother.

"and did you feel anything?" sam asked.

"this is not about my feelings, this is about what actually happened" jack corrected him, refusing to answer the question because it was 'irrelevant' to the topic.

"okay avery, did you kiss him back?" sammy turned to me.

"what? no, sam i didn't" i responded at his accusation.

"did you push him away?" he continued his interrogation.

"well yes, once i processed what was happening" i nodded.

"did you feel anything?" he asked bravely.

"sam, like i said before this isn't about feelings. avery doesn't feel anything for me. and i'm gonna be a married man soon. i just kissed her and it happened" jack stood up.

"avery" sammy sat in jack's seat and grabbed my hands, "i need to know, do you still feel anything for jack at all?" he asked softly.

"still? what are you talking about" jack asked, with his voice slightly raised.

"johnson already told you, jack. avery had feelings for you all of high school" sam said annoyed to jack not believing him.

jack looked over to me as i tried to focus on my hands. as if he looked at me for validation.

johnson told him? i'm gonna kill him. i thought he could keep his mouth shut but i guess not.

"is this true?" jack asked me, his tone now normal.