two

avery+

of course, lauren is bothering me again with this whole jack situation.

"lauren. i think you're the one that wants to be with jack because unlike you, i've actually accepted the fact that he's getting married. now, will you please lay off? please?" i looked at her with hopeful eyes. i saw her roll her eyes and sigh.

"if that's really what you want. i just want you to be happy." she looked at me with a sad smile.

"i'm happy for jack, lauren. plus, have you seen the ocean? there's plenty of fish out there that i can hook." i laughed at my horrible pun, lauren not so much as she just rolled her eyes.

"fine, but jack is actually here and i forgot to tell you. he's in your room." i rolled my eyes and made my way upstairs.

"hey jack," i sat beside him and looked at him, "what's up?"

"is a boy not allowed to just visit his best friend?" he chuckled, "if not, then that must be awfully painful for his best friend."

"i never said that. usually you want something from me though." it's true. ever since he got with natalie he doesn't just comes over for movies and games anymore, just if he needs something because he knows i'll swim oceans to get it for him.

"you caught me. i need you to go to that one place you went to and get more of those tablecloths. we're having more guest that we originally planned." he said, causing me to sigh and looked at him.

i can never say no to those eyes.

"yeah, yeah. i'll get it." i huffed, he smiled and kissed my cheek before getting up and leaving my room.

lauren knocked and looked in my room, "brownies and ice cream?" she gave me a hopeful smile. man, she knows me so well.

i smiled at her, "please?"

"anything and everything for my best friend." i have no idea what in the world i would do without her. she's always cheering me up.

we walked downstairs and she already had the brownies in the oven. i think she knew that i'd say yes. we both got ourselves a bowl and got the ice cream out so it wouldn't be a struggle to get out with it being so hard.

"want any?" i asked jack as he stood by the door with his keys.

"no, i've gotta get going. love you guys" he shook his keys and left.

i was partly upset that jack didn't want to stay. he got what he needed and left. i don't even remember that last that me and him just hung out to be in each others presence. maybe i'm just overreacting but i just feeling like we're not as close anymore.

i saw lauren holding up a bowl in front of me that popped me out of my thoughts.

"thank you, lauren." i smiled and hugged her.

"anytime, avs." i looked at her and glared. she chuckled, knowing that i hate that nickname.

"that is such a horrible nickname and you know it." she just shrugged it off and got the brownies out of the oven, waiting a few minutes before cutting them and putting one in each of our bowls. i scooped out the ice cream and put it in the bowls as well and we made our way to the couch to watch funny movies.

"why can't we just watch one rom-com, avery? pleeeeeeease?" she begged. she knew i hated anything to do with romantic movies.

"not a chance, laur." i smiled as i put on an adam sandler movie, as he is my favorite actor.

but secretly i love romances, i just prefer to watch them alone.

she sighed, knowing she wasn't going to get her way. i smiled to myself and was focused on the movie until my phone dinged.

jack:
did you get those tablecloths?

avery:
jack, you asked me like 10 minutes ago. i'm not dropping everything to just get something you want. if you want them so bad, go get them yourself.

jack:
whatever, avery. don't know why i even asked you.

avery:
wow, jack. really?

i sighed and put my phone on silent. i do everything for that boy and he had the nerve. we'll see what he thinks when i don't do anything for him ever again.

lauren looks at me, "you okay?"

i looked over at her, "yeah, fine. i think i'm gonna head to bed though. thanks for making me brownies and ice cream." i sat my bowl on the table and went upstairs without my phone.

silent treatment kills jack. he'll be here in just a couple hours.

i laid in my bed and started reading a book and before i knew it, jack was already here.

"avery avery avery" i heard him from outside my door.

"what, jack?" i asked, annoyed. he walked in, much to my disliking.

"talk to me. you can never stay mad at me." he smirked.

i wasn't falling for it this time, "no, actually. i can. get out." he looked at me, shocked.

"avery.." he stepped closer.

"no, jack. i do every damn thing you ask me to; even driving across town to get the specific flour that natalie wants for the cake and you want to get disrespectful? not going to happen. and expect one less guest at your wedding. tell your fiance to find another bridesmaid."

"avery, no. stop. don't do this. you're coming." he started rambling.

"i'm sorry, jack. please go." he knew i meant business and finally left.

i sighed and laid down. i'm so ready for a nap.

{ vote, comment, share }

     - lexi