five

jack+

"bro what's up? you've been pissed off all day" johnson spoke up.

we've been chilling on the couch all day. i was just on my phone back and forth from instagram and snapchat. it's so hot outside.

"avery is up" i sat up, with obvious attitude in my voice.

"you hurt her feelings. and yet somehow avery, still in the wrong? you're being such a child-" he went off.

"did you know sammy stayed there last night?" i asked, ignoring him.

"stayed where?" he cocked an eyebrow.

"avery's" i huffed out of annoyance.

i thought it was pretty obvious that we were talking about avery.

"this is a whole new level of pathetic" he laughed and left my house.

"me? pathetic? johnson, i'm telling the truth" i shouted and followed him.

"i know your upset about her not coming to your wedding but you're just becoming dillusional" he told me.

it almost looked like he was sorry for me. like he felt sympathy for me.

"i know he was there. you have to believe me, jj" i said in a softer tone.

"what makes you so sure?" he finally spoke up.

"i saw his car in her drive way" i shouted, knowing this was the end of our argument.

"what were you doing there?!" he yelled.

"shouldn't you be asking sammy the same question?! he was there not me" i yelled back in defense.

"you need help. professional help" he pointed at me forcefully before walking towards his car.

"you have to understand. you're my bestfriend, jack" i pleaded.

"yeah. i thought avery was too" he spit before leaving.

i was in shock. johnson was never the aggressive type. he had so much anger that i've never seen before. and it was all towards me.

"hey jack, come to bed baby" natalie said at the door.

i covered my face and sighed before listening to my fiancé.

"you should work out more" she said as i put away my shirt in the closet.

"i go to the gym everyday, nat" i chuckled.

"well, maybe you're not pushing yourself enough. i miss your back muscles" she said, feeling my biceps.

"how would you know how much i'm pushing myself? and i never see you workout at all" i defended myself.

i wasn't even yelling or being rude in anyway. i just crossed my arms and made my point.

"are you calling me fat?! omg you think i'm so ugly" she cried and locked herself in the bathroom. it wasn't an actual cry, more like a dramatic yelp.

i covered myself up as i rolled my eyes and went to bed.

avery+

i woke up to the sound of dishes clashing and the smell of bacon.

i turned over to look at my clock that read 7:02 am.

what the hell? why am i up so early? i was never one to sleep in all day but i surely wasn't one to get up this early.

i pulled a white colored top over my black bralette. not even getting a chance to wash my face before i stumbled down stairs.

"what are you doing?" i asked in an annoyed tone, while rubbing my eyes.

"making breakfast" i looked up at sammy who had a smile on his face.

he looked so cute. i honestly forgot that he was here. it makes more sense than lauren being up, she usually sleeps until you wake her.

but sammy gets up this early? i never thought he'd be a morning person. johnson is and gilinsky isn't, but i didn't know about the rest of them. i just assumed that they slept all day long like bums.

"good morning" he smiled and placed the french toast in front of me.

"hey. i didn't know you were a such morning person" i commented.

"i'm not most of the time. but i woke up and i didn't want to be caught looking at your pretty face" he sat down.

"oh yeah? how long did that last?" i chuckled and started to make my coffee.

"just a few minutes. i used the rest of the eggs, hope you don't mind" he rushed.

"no it's fine, i've always begged lauren that we should make more food from home then takeout" i smiled and he returned it.

"where is lauren by the way?" he sipped on his orange juice.

"she stayed with her sister last night" i replied.

"so, maybe tonight i could try and cook something up if you wanted?" he hugged me from behind.

"i can't tonight, i actually have a lot to do today" i escaped his hold.

"maybe i could help you?" he suggested.

i don't want to be rude, but i like my alone time sometimes.

"no, i'd rather just do it alone and get it over with" i shrugged and we finished our food.

why is he so set on hanging out with me? nothing happened that i know of.

"text me" he kissed my cheek and left.

i hate how awkward i am but he just comes in and acts like we're husband and wife or something. he's one of my friends and that's just weird.

i brushed my hair and got ready for the day.

"jordan isn't with you?" i asked lauren who was sitting on the kitchen counter.

how is she always so carefree?

"she's in the bathroom. where you off to?" lauren asked, popping a grape in her mouth.

she was home packing a couple more things and letting her sister visit. we know each others family's quite well but i just didn't feeling like having any confrontation. not to sound rude or anything.

"the grocery store" i replied without a thought and grabbed the keys before walking out.

{ vote, comment, share }

- lyss