nine

avery+

i was woken by loud knocking on my front door. i checked my alarm clock. really 6 in the morning? i don't know who is at the door but i'm pissed.

i grunt before rolling out of bed, knowing that lauren won't get the door. my hair not washed, no makeup, and not dressed. great impression. but hey, it's too early to care about any of that.

johnson never came home last night after being with the guys, i just figured he stayed at jack's. i trust johnson and i know i don't need to worry about him, he's a big boy.

"avery, i know you're there" i heard shouting from outside.

jack? why would he be up this early? or here?

hearing his voice made me remember the events from yesterday and suddenly i got a headache all over again. i suddenly got anxious to open the door. which is weird because i'm not one to get that nervous.

i didn't want to see. jack, or talk to him. i was trying to get away from that awkward tension that i know would be there. but i can't ignore him forever. i took a deep breath and decided to finally open it.

"what are you—?" i began to question before being cut off.

"i couldn't sleep" he read my mind, "i had to talk to you" he walked inside as i held the door open.

"about what?" i asked innocently, letting him do most of the talking.

sighing lightly at the thought of him needing to talk to me and what he might say to me.

"i'm sorry about yesterday" he put his hands in the front pockets of his jeans.

well basically the opposite of what i wanted to hear.

"could you explain what happened exactly?" i asked, covering up my torso by my arms. i was uncomfortable with my appearance.

"i kissed you. and it was inappropriate and i'm sorry for that" he said maturely.

"me too" i mumbled.

gosh he really knows how to make a women feel confident. show up at there place when they're sleeping so they can't look decent and bluntly tell them that kissing them was a mistake.

"no that's not what i meant" he held my hands, rushing his words.

why has he always been so touchy? i never minded it before but it suddenly bothered me.

"what did you mean then?" i backed away.

i wasn't comfortable with him touching me anymore. he just makes me itch. i hate it like this. i miss how things used to be before everything got so complicated. but then again it was always complicated.

"it wasn't a mistake kissing you. it was a mistake kissing anyone while i'm engaged" he explained.

"and what? you planned to wait till you're married?" i chucked my head back with a breathless laugh

"avery, i'm sorry. i don't know what came over me or why i did it. but i still don't regret it" he softened his tone.

"why do you do this?" i almost shout.

"do what?" he furrowed his eyebrows, shocked at my sudden tone.

"how am i supposed to reply to that? say i don't regret it either? tell you what came over you? you make it impossible to talk to you" i asked him bluntly.

i honestly think i'm going insane. jack is driving me into the loony bin.

"you're cute when you're flustered" he smiled.