23; Imminent Arrival

Chapter 23- Imminent Arrival

“How many have arrived?” Tsunade demanded.

She was moving swiftly down the stairs towards the underground chambers beneath the Hokage offices.

The Jounin that had just appeared answered quickly, “Eight are here Tsunade-sama.”

“Good. I’m impatient.”

Beneath the Hokage offices, lay the Directors’ chambers. Hokages of various villages had been summoned to deal with a sudden threat. But the threat was not to Konoha.

(Yukikage (Snow), Takikage (Waterfall), Tsuchikage (Rock), Kazekage (Sand), Sorakage (Sky), Hoshikage (Star), Raikage (Lightning), Mizukage (Water)- are present.)

[[ A/N- I am fully aware that the name of the Kages are based on the country rather than the village but I couldn’t find that many countries. And there have been a lot of Kages or Damiyos names in the anime where only the village is mentioned and not the country. So yeah, I improvised with the Kage titles. Allow Damiyos. I made them all Kages coz I can. Muahaha! >_< Gomen!]]

The door to the chambers swung open and Tsunade strolled in.

“Ah, she appears,” the Tsuchikage (Hidden Village of Rock) said under his breath. But not quiet enough.

Tsunade shot him a glare.

“So who exactly is attacking the Sound village?” another Hokage asked. And then they started to fire questions at Tsunade.

She took her seat and placed her folder on the table, “Quiet, everyone!”

They quietened to a murmur as Tsunade took a calming breath.

“It is Akatsuki that is attacking the Sound village. At the moment, they’re defence are holding but they are asking for aid,” Tsunade explained.

“I thought Konoha was the one with the threat from Akatsuki,” one of the Hokages spoke up.

“We are. I don’t know why Akatsuki are attacking Sound, it doesn’t make sense.”

The Yukikage (Hidden Village of Snow) sat back in his chair, “Of course it makes sense. The threat to Konoha has not lessened, yet the Sound village is being attacked for an unknown reason. It’s their game plan. They’re doing it deliberately.”

“You think this is a diversion?” Tsunade looked at him, a deep frown of concentration on his face.

“I certainly wouldn’t put it past them.”

The Kages started to nod.

“I think you’re right,” the Mizukage (Hidden village of Water) spoke up and she flung a lock of her long auburn hair over her shoulders, “The question is what are we going to do about it? Even though Konoha is Akatsuki’s target, the people of Hidden Sound are in real danger.”

“Need I remind you that the Sound village has long been a stronghold for Orochimaru,” the Tsuchikage said gravely, “And as long as he lives that village will always be a threat to us. Why on earth should we come to their aid when they’ve been harbouring a wanted criminal?”

“Maybe because there are living people in that village?” Tsunade spoke up in a sarcastic tone, “Not everyone in that village is a servant of Orochimaru. He is merely using the village as a front. But that doesn’t mean we have to watch them die.”

Tsuchikage scoffed, “So you mean to tell me you will sacrifice the safety of your village in order to safeguard the backstabbing villagers of our number one enemy?!”