12; Interrogation

A/N- Guys and Girls,  

Enjoy Chapter 12 :)

*     *    *

Chapter 12- Interrogation

-

I opened my eyes and looked up at the white ceiling.

There was a quiet humming sound coming from the ceiling fan. I found it strangely calming.

I noticed the ceiling tiles and instantly thought, Hospital. I was in hospital.

I turned my head and the room seemed to be empty, until I noticed the sofa. There was Hatake Kakashi, fast asleep. What was he doing here?

I groaned inwardly, remembering past events, and the fight.

Jiraiya.

Kakashi.

Rain…

I hesitantly touched my neck and felt the place where Rain bit me. It felt sore and swollen, though currently wrapped with a bandage. My next thought was escape, as long as I didn’t wake Kakashi.

I tried to sit up gingerly, stretching my arms and legs. Everything seemed to be in working order. Perfect.

I got out of bed quietly, pulling off all the wires and needles that were attached to me and went round the back of the sofa Kakashi was sleeping in, heading for the window. A quick glance down at myself made me realize I wasn’t exactly dressed appropriately. The hospital gown looked to be almost see-through. But after looking around I noticed a pile of dark clothes in the corner, which were most likely mine and grabbed them. Then I opened the window, glancing back quickly at the still sleeping Kakashi before I jumped.

I landed quietly on the soil below, using chakra to slow my decent. Fortunately for me there was a pocket of trees right next to the hospital. I used the cover to change back into my clothes.

It was then I realized I knew this hospital. We were still in Water Country after all.

I found a store where they sold wide-brim sunhats and wore it to hide my face while I made my way to the border.

I approached the great gates at the border of the Water Country. The large double door gate was painted with the Japanese symbol for water. It was open. Beyond that was a pier, boats and a wide expanse of ocean, dotted with several small (mostly uninhabited) islands.

Where was I supposed to go from here? There was a man on the other side of the gates. He was wearing a red jacket and had huge spiky white hair. From behind it looked an awful lot like Jiraiya…

I stopped walking.

He turned around and spotted me. I knew he couldn’t see my face, but he still knew it was me. I took my hat off and stood still as he made his way towards me.

“I had a feeling you would try and leave,” he said.

“And how did you know that? You know nothing about me.” I retorted.

He shrugged, “Just a hunch.” Then he glanced down before continuing, “Sasuke was pretty worried about you, you know.”

I raised an eyebrow, “So?”

“Why didn’t you go and see your teammates, before you ran off?”

“I have things to sort out. And if you know what’s best for you, you’ll get out of my way.”

Jiraiya seemed to grin and scratched his head, “I was really hoping it wouldn’t come down to this.”

I stepped back and eyed him suspiciously.