Prologue- 1; Itachi's Mission [revised]

The Trouble with Itachi

[Author's note: OK so hopefully most of you know that I have re-written the first four chapters of this story and also edited the 5th chapter. Even if you have read it before, you can read it again since I've completely changed the events in these chapters. I would really appreciate any feedback you may have, or if you notice any discrepancies since there are bounds to be little details I've missed out that may refer back to the old chapters.

Your support is appreciated! If you like it then at least vote!!  Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy!]

*    *    *

PROLOGUE

“Itachi please…” I whispered as he inched closer towards me.

He leaned in, his head resting on the tree I was tied to, and with his face alongside mine, he breathed in my ear, “I never loved you Yuri. So hate me with all you can.”

I fought against the constricted feeling in my chest. Something hot slid down my cheek.

He couldn’t mean that. Of course not. I shook my head from side to side, trying to shake the words out of my head.

Then he leaned back and my gaze unwillingly locked onto his Mangekyou eyes. They were blank and merciless. It felt like I was been pulled ever further into his world, Tsukuyomi.

*    *    *

Chapter One- Itachi's Mission

It was a clear night. The stars could be seen twinkling in the sky, and the moon was the only source of light. Next to me was one of the most dangerous people in the ninja world; the S-ranked rogue ninja Uchiha Itachi.

We wore long black cloaks, decorated with red clouds, a forehead protector from our original villages with a scratch through it and also a ring identifying our position in the organization. The attire was known by all far and wide as belonging to the group of missing-nins called Akatsuki.

In the early days of the group, they acted as mercenaries for hire, offering their services to villages wary of taxing their own resources. Now under a new leader we strive for a new purpose. Although even I am unsure of our current aims as our leader keeps it a secret from all except the ones closest to him.

My wide brimmed sun hat hung low on my head. We were walking across the desert and the breeze suddenly became stiff. It seemed like a sandstorm was coming.

I glanced over at Itachi, who inclined his head to the right. There was a cave where we could wait out the storm.

I took off my hat and took a seat on a log inside the cave. There was an existing burnt-out fire pile in the middle of the cavern, so I could tell this place had been used before. Itachi whispered, ‘Katon’, and a ball of flame grew in his outstretched palm.  He aimed it at the previously burned pile on the floor and just like that we now had a fire.

“How much further Itachi?” I asked, as he took a seat next to me.

“Not far Yuri-chan,” he answered, his eyes closed as he lay back against the stone wall, “Half a day.”