Being with Lady Athena: Chapter 17

"What the fck are you doing here?!"

Iolo couldn't really calculate what was happening. Hephaestus, the sadistic god of fire was standing side by side with Athena. A smirk was planted on his lips as he sweetly adored the goddesses  of warfare. Hearts were practically oozing from his eyes.

Hephaestus took a step forward as he looked around, the dirty smirk he had never disappeared. "Entering your humble house?"

"I could see that!"

"..not bad for a filthy human's realm" he whispered as he took a glance over to his shoulders.

Athena decided to bottle up her personal disgust as she stepped in. Not bothering to answer Hephaestus' words awhile ago, she turned to Iolo. "Where's Nike?"

"Wha?-Er, I mean she went somewhere else." He sighed. 

"She's practically crazy over the fact that you became like...this. Though, obviously she won't tell you that..."  he whispered to no one in particular. Hephaestus' ears perked as Iolo was able to pique his interest.

"Oooo, then I think Nike and I will be the best of besties!" Hephaestus faked a gigle.

Athena only sighed. Really, everyone was enjoying this catastrophe. Everything wasn't going on plan, more and more problems kept on rising. If this keeps on going, it'll take them forever to get vengeance.

Though, to be honest. Revenge isn't one the no. 1 on list of things she wanted to do at moment. Not when questiones about Poseidon's punishment keeps on hunting her. She's even questioning herself on what'll she do first.

"-thena? Lady Ath-"

She sighed...

"Just call me when dinner's ready. I'm going to rest."

Iolo for a moment was iching to just vent out his annoyance. He quietly gazed over to his right, perfectly aware of Athena's retreating form. Fck...how can I handle this. I don't want to be in the same room with this god, for goodness sa-!

"--well, don't mind me Owl--Ah, pardon..Iolo, I know how to entertain myself." Hephaestus sought not to laugh at the moment he accidentally called out Athena's follower in his..nickname, (if you'd even called it that, since its more like; he doesn't see Iolo as worth remembering of)

With an obvious fake smile, he walked out of the house, going outside to visit his dear friend.

°_°

"Ares"

The god, in his most despised form growled in annoyance. He didn't look at the other's eyes. It was really the best option, to be honest. If he were to meet his gaze, he's sure that Hephaestus' would give him a smile that would hunt  his pride.

Closing his eyes while slowly lying down, he opened his parted lips. "What?"

Upon hearing his reply, Hephaestus quickly sat down on the ground.

"Nothing really, I was just curious on how my best dog is doing."

"If you came here just to annoy the hell out of me then scram"

"Ooo, as expected of my friend. He thinks highly of himself. You do know that you can't fight me with that form. You and Ath are no match for me. And, it's all thanks to you. I knew everything would go just as planned."

Ares bit his tongue. He knew too well that Hephaestus was right. He was played. He was like a puppet controlled by Hephaestus' master plan.

FlashBack:

Ares, still in his golden armour looked down while sitting in his room's balcony. He took in the wine's fine aroma. A blend of white Rose's scent and a tiny bit of Zeus' white wine was mixed in the finest golden cup adorned with rubies.  It was clear as water, but the smell certainly doesn't. Ares noticed how the white moon reflected on his wine. It was certainly a chaotic day, but nothing out of the ordinary.

He smirk as he played with his robe that was splashed with blood that he didn't know who it belong to. Well, who could? After defeating 7 thousand men on his own, who could tell who's who? Huh, it's silly, really. A nobody god and his "dogs" went straight to his temple just to fight him. Fck. How could a god lowly as him think that he could take on Ares with that little troupe?

Ares laughed, "suicide, he really did want suicide!" With a long sip, without a halt, he quenched his thirst.

Ares swiftly wiped the small string of wine that trailed his Adam's apple.

"Fck, nothings interesting this days.." he trailed off as a certain goddess captivated his thoughts. "Maybe...I should pay her a visist" Slowly, a smirk formed on his well-defined face.

"That's right, I should do that..and once and for all.." he formed his free hand into a fist.." defeat her."

But how?

"I'm coming in" without a knock, or making Ares fully understand what was going on, a goblin like creature walked in. A black robe did little to cover his ugly form. A sword that was seemingly too perfect and too sharp rested on his belt.

For a second, Ares, was shocked. But he soon went back to his stoic, yet annoyed expression. "You fcking scared me. Why do you even walk around with that hideous form."

The guest just showed his smirk, a low growl echoed through the walls. "Hideous?! HA! I'm well aware of that." With a demonic, low voice he laughed out. "You don't have to say that to me, Ares"

"Then why do you want to stay in that form?"

"Simple, What others think that does not matter to me. If something does, annoy me. Ha!" He smirk, and with a snap of his fingers, a growing aura passed through Ares like a whirling wind.

With a -thud- in the back, Ares knew too well that the forest by now was 45% damaged. He turned to Hephaestus just to see that the smug he had never disappeared. The smug that always made Ares' blood boil to the core.

"They know what would eventually hit them when they get to my nerves." He continued.

A heavy aura now surrounded the room. Ares stood up and walked towards Hephaestus, Eyes that was full of bloodlust stared through Hephaestus' soul.

"What brings you here?"

"Me?"

"...."

"I just thought that I want to help my friend defeat someone"

-----------------