Being with Lady Athena: Chapter 13

The way home was queit for the two flying gods. Athena and Apollo decreased their speed amd slowly went down when their house was finally in view. Athena went straight to bed while Apollo excused himself saying that he had something inportant to do.

Athena was about to tell Apollo to just call it at night, since both of them were pretty much drained. But the latter did not listen and went away. Athena, thingking that  she can't convince Apollo, shrugged it off and went back to her bed.

----------

"Bye Mom" Adrian bid her mom goodbye as he held the doorknob

"Wait!" Adrian stopped when he  heard his mom practically yell. So, he  turned his back and faced her mother who was still in her blue apron.
"Hm?" Adrian hummed in response.

"You almost forgot your lunch, dear" she said as she stepped forward, handing him, his lunch box. Adrian thanked her and waved his hand as a goodbye.

Adrian was actually, pretty early than usual. He was so worried when he witness Athena in so much pain that she fainted. So, he set his alarm earlier so he could check Athena if she was all right. He thought of calling her since he had already had her number, so he did. But unfortunatly, no one answered. He tried calling multiple times but the other end never picked up.

So, here he is now, leaning towards Athena's gate. Practicing his monologue for his conversation after ringing the door bell.

So, first, I'll go by, "hey, I'm Althea's classmate. And I saw what happened earlier. How is she".....that's right. Just like that. I'll do it smoothly... Just relax. Althea's family is nice. Well maybe... but you saw how worried they are so they probably are nice. Rig-

"Adrian!" Adrian was suprised when a puff of silky white hair came to view. He stayed frozen for a while trying to calculate what just happened.

"Ah-eh? A-Althea? You scared me."

"I did?"

"Yes, " Adrian said as he use his right hand to clench the silk where his pounding heart was."you did...But, forget about that. Althea are you alright? Are you sure you're capable of going to school?" He worriedly asked.

Althea smiled, "good as I'll ever be."

"Are you sure? What in the world happened to you back there?"

"Well..you see.." Athena said as she tried avoiding Adrian's gaze. Adrian noticed this, and hurriedly assured Athena.

"N-no it's perfectly fine if you can't tell me. I understand that its private. But I hope its not life threatening."

"Eh?...no... it's not like that..you see" Athena went closer to Adrian's ear and used her hands to cover her mouth and Adrian's noteceable red ear.

"Well..you see, I was having my period." She whispered

"Period?" He whispered back.

Athena only answered by a quick nod.

Period? Girl's period can get that painful?

"It's that so? Then, there's nothing to worry about?"

"Yes" Althea innocently nodded while smilling toothly. But deep inside, she was laughing too hard about this human's naiveness.

"Let's go?" Athena asked as she begin to walk by Adrian. Adrian nodded and soon followed quietly.

-------------

They arrived at school safely with less students as it was still very early. The two walked to their sits oblivous to what would happen thirty minutes after the school bell would ring.
-----------

Apollo was silently sitting, crossing his legs as he queitly sip his cup of tea. Bags under his eyes were very much evident, but he shrugged it off, trying to figure out and solve the puzzle in which Athena got herself into. He knew to himself that Athena could handle herself. And that she, alone could fix it. But after his conversation with a certain dog, he knew to himself that Athena should be back to normal. A bigger matter was about to hit, and without Athena's powers, things wouldn't be too pretty.

Flashback

Apollo walked outside as he saw Iolo get his things so that he could finally rest. Apollo, in his hand, was a treat for a certain small animal who was staying outside.

Apollo was walking towards Ares when he saw that he was sleeping. He decided to leave it to the ground but was stopped when he saw the dog flinched. Apollo was, may, be noticed by Ares.

Ares, who still,was half asleep, bolted upwards. But he immediatly collapsed on his kness when the pain on his right paw crept through his body.

"Shit" he said, barely in a whisper. Apollo heard this, and placed the food beside him.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Ares asked, still in pain. Even though, at the back of his head, knows the reason, he asked any way. This was his way of telling people to "go-away-but- wait-I-need-something-from-you-so-don't."

Apollo, of course, knew this so he shrugged it off. He arranged his glasses and asked what happened to him.

Ares looked away, feeling ashamed," I just slipped."

"Do you think of me as an idiot?"

"Fuck. I told you I just slipped."

Apollo sighed, he then felt an all too familiar aura. It was small but he still could make it out. This god, after, all followed Athena like a dog. "Haphaestus?" He said barely in a whisper.

Ares heard this and sigh, "you can feel it?"

"You really do take me as an idiot, Ares" Apollo looked at his companion then, scanned his surrounding.

"He came here, did he?And he purposely left some warning to Athena."

"But too bad he left too little. By that time that brat comes, it would be far too gone." Ares said as he layed down near his treat. He was about to lay down when he felt Athena's curse. He and his curse was connected after all. He knew what was happening. And he knew what was Athena's power doing inside her body. He knew it would happen but not this soon. "That damn brat.."

End of Flashback

By this time, he noticed that he finished his tea, so he got up and went to have a refill.

After finishing two more cups, he finally made his way to Athena's school.