Being With Lady Athena: Chapter 10

Meanwhile, At Athena's House:

Ares scratched his ear with his little red paw with annoyance, it was late in the afternoon, yet he was not fed. Of course, he wouldn't admit it to Athena and the others that he is in need of food, I mean why would he? They're the reason why he is in such form, and they're his enemy. But he knew to himself that his only way of getting out of this place is to eat whatever they offer to regain his energy, even if it means to eat the "dog food" that they kept on pestering him to eat. It hurt his pride as a well known god. He swear, if one word of this case gets out to Olympus, he would surely die of embarrassment. I mean he is the god of war!

He was growing tired of waiting and his stomach was now growling, fiercer than the beast he once encountered in his battle 275 years ago. He felt his eyelids close as he yawned, if he can't eat, might as well use the time to sleep. But not even a second later when he felt himself drift away, he woke up, bolting when an aura suddenly made the air around the whole place heavy.

His eyes were sharper, "What? did those twerps f*cking told everyone? And now they're hunting me in my worse shape? How low can they be?" Ares was now standing in all fours. He closed his eyes and concentrated his last ounce of energy to find where is the source of this colossal aura.

"No way, this aura is not something that a mere army can have control to. It seems heavier than that," Ares opened his eyes and scanned the whole place."It's familiar, tch.. damn it..I've felt this somewhere before, but I can't remember who..." A mere second went by, and the aura seems to be more powerful, too powerful for Ares' small form, his legs finally gave out... "damn it" he cursed out,

Momentarily, a memory struck him like lightning, he bit the insides of his mouth, he mentally scolded himself from not recognizing, of course, whenever something interesting comes around Athena, he would immediately come by....

"Hephaestus..."

"Bingo!" The god finally appeared, floating down, until his feet touched the ground, "How cute" He said as crouched down, smirking as he look at Ares's form, up and down, he placed his index and thumb to cup his own chin. "I'm sad, Ares, you didn't noticed it from the very beginning, it was your fault that I had to give out more than 3 percent of my powers." Hephaestus said as he pouted down to his companion.

"don't say that f'cking dimwit, you're just bragging, I swear if I wasn't in this form, I'll shred you into pieces."

"....."

Hephaestus moved his hand to hold Ares by the neck, thankfully he jumped back. Ares looked at the man before him, He noticed that, Hephaestus' eyes were sharper, "Hey, Ares...that's not a good thing to say" he smiled, but his eyes remained, if more, they were sharper. His aura was leaking, causing the nearby plants to wilt down...

".....I really wanna play with you, especially in this form...but I have to help you get back to your original form.." he said as he calmed down.

"what the hell do you mean?" Ares asked, at this moment, he wouldn't admit but, he was glad that Hephaestus didn't dare to fight, he knew to himself that he can't win against him, especially in this form of his.

"Well, one Of the reason why I like Ath is-

"Wait you like that twerp?"

"Why of course!" Hephaestus said as he bolted upwards, his hands held up high.

"What the hell do you like about that girl? She doesn't have any girly traits! She's even flat as a bO-

"I'll continue, one of the reason why I liked Ath is how misfortune kept on following her like a leach." he said as he clapped both of his hands, as if he won the conversation.

Ares sighed, "well, what does that have to do with me?"

"Well, the more the merrier!" he laughed

"well, sucks to be you, I don't want to be played as if I were one of you're puppet for your upcoming puppet show, I'd rather have one of my feet-

"paws"

"feet broken than to be played." and, not even a second went by, he heard a cracking sound. He looked at Hephaestus hand, and it was , sure enough, pointing toward one of his feet. He didn't even touch it! The pain soon came after, he was forced to lay down, one of his eyes closed, as he hissed as his lower body felt the pain.

"I was being nice, Y'know" and just like that, with a blink of an eye, Hephaestus vanished away, living Ares with a broken foot and a growling stomach, "tch, this really isn't my day" He whispered as he carefully lied down.