Being With Lady Athena: Chapter 11

Athena, with her companion, finally  decided to call it a day. Deviding the paper bags, Adrian took the lead, and Athena followed.

Their conversation was filled with questions about Athena's previous school. And a couple of laughters coming out from both of them. Adrian did not  even notice when it started, but, he felt somewhat closer to Athena. He was not sure if it was Athena's features that resemble his old classmate, but he knew to himself, that he was having fun and to be honest, he somewhat took a liking to the girl. But he wasn't too sure for himself if this "liking" was as a friend or it meant more than that. He was also  hesitant if this feeling was good or bad.

Before Adrian could ever notice, they finally arrived home. Feeling somewhat dissapointed, he forced a smile,"Bye Althea," Adrian waved his hand,"I'll see you tommorow."

Athena's POV:

I knew Adrian was finally opening up with me, as Althea and not as Athena. His actions says it all. I mean why would he not? With all of those misfortunes that keeps on following him on a daily basis, a single friend equals to a hundred.

We kept on walking forward, as he kept on asking me about my old school. Which of course, I answered him with made-up answers.

And by now, I knew for the fact, that I can have my revenge, right now. I could reject being his friend, call him names, hurt him in different possible ways, But I need to have answers. Why did Poseidon still had his powers? I have so many questions stack up, with no possible way of knowing the answers unless Poseidon, himself would answer me straight up. That's why I need to have more patience.

Before I knew it, Adrian broke my train thoughts, he bid me his goodbye. I looked up to my right side, and saw my house. I guess I was too busy thingking that I didn't even notice that we've already arrived. I looked at Adrian, and saw him waved his hand. I did so too. We exchanged short messages and parted our
ways.

I was going to open the gate when I felt nauseous. A sudden dizzy spell crept through my whole body. I can feel my heartbeat as it beat fastly. I grabbed the gate causing the paper bags to fall down. Producing a loud thump.

What is this? S-something wrong with my body. I-ts as if something wants to come out....

I grabbed the collar of my dress, and hurriedly unbottoning it. D-damn.. it hurts so much... I can't breath....

My view was starting to get blury as seconds went by. I soon heard Adrian shouting out my name. Sounds of footsteps soon came after. I could see my breath going out of my parted, dried lips.

Adrian seemed to call some help because, I soon saw Iolo running out of the house in his pajamas. And that was the last thing that I saw before the pain of the headache took over me.

End of Athena's POV:

Iolo was dead tired. He was busy helping Apollo find some things that could probably help his Lady. He was not too used in doing physical work since all he ever did was use his brain and not his strenght. He can defend himself pretty well, and was strong. But not as strong than the other three; Athena, Apollo, and Nike. Hence, going back and forth from The Olympus to the Human World, took pretty much of his energy.

When he and Apollo came home, Nike wasn't present. Along with his lady. He paid no mind to it, and he hurriedly grabbed  his pajamas and blanket so that he could finally pass out, and rest soundly. Before that, he saw Apollo proceeding outside the house. Probably visiting "Lady Athena's new Pet". He was about to drift away, when he heard shouts outside. "Damn..human kids." He tried drifting back to sleep when he heard an all too familiar name. He didn't know why but, before he knew it, he was already outside the door, running.

What he saw behind that door was not pleasent to the owl's eyes.  Athena was in peak of passing out.

"Shit." He ran towards his lady's lying form. "Kid... what the hell did you do to her?" He scooped Athena's unconsious form.

"I-I didn't do any- Sir? Where are you taking her? We have to call the ambulance....!" Adrian shouted as he he followed Iolo's form.

"Tch. Look , I'm sorry for shouting at you earlier. But now's not the time." Iolo twisted the door knob.

"B-but maybe.. something's wrong with her..."

"Just scram Kid!" Iolo yelled, annoyed as he slammed the door at the poor kid's face.

Iolo carefuly placed Athena down at the sofa. "Apollo! Come quick!"

Not even a second went by, he saw Apollo running towards them, "what happened now?" He said, slightly annoyed.