Being With Lady Althea: Chapter 4

"Adrian, Mr. Jerry is here. Let's talk later, alright?" Athena suggested as she turned her back from Adrian.

Left with no choice, Adrian silently nodded in response. The next class went by rather in a fast tempo. Every now and then, Adrian would steal some short gazes at his classmate's back. And thought to himself that Althea would probably be busy after classes as she was famous as an idol could ever be.

 In no time, the bell rang loudly causing the students to spring up in their sit. Stretching in the process. Light groans were heard from the student's lips.

In the mean time,  Adrian mindlessly gathered up his things and was planning to have his lunch with his older childhood friend, Sibyl. But his initial plan was to gather up his courage and walk straight to Althea and ask everything away. In a slow and peaceful way. He doesn't want to be called a mother hen or a stalker after all. He stole a glance from Althea. He was checking if she was not busy nor in a hurry. Albeit to his wishes, Althea was now in a middle of a whirlpool of boys and girls. Trying their best to get close to her.

Guess I'll go to Sibyl then. 

He walked rather slowly pass Althea's fan base and Althea herself. But was ceased when a hand grabbed his arm. This made Adrian came to a halt and looked at the owner of the hand. To his surprise, it belonged to a certain White-haired classmate.

"Althea?"

"Where are you going? I thought were going to have a small talk?"

"what? You and Adrian?" a classmate of their's asked rather in a rude tone.

"Yes. Is something wrong with that?"

"Althea, all of those who stayed with him, gets hurt!" another answered.

"That's just a misunderstanding. Athena himself told me to befriend him, now if you excuse me." Althea informed her classmate as a matter of fact. Her slender hand still holding Adrian's arm. In the process, she knelt a bit and grabbed her bag. She then turned her head over her shoulder and smiled to her classmates, "see you later" she smiled and waved with her free hand. She looked over to Adrian, " let's go?" 

"ah, yes" Adrian agreed.

The two walked through the halls in a slow pace. Adrian in the process is nervous as a human being could ever get. Adrian then noticed that people around the halls all gathered up and began whispering. Looking intently at the two of them. Their hands to be precise. This made Adrian remember that he was currently holding hands with the titled, "goddess" of the campus. Which in response, made Adrian blush like a living ripe tomato.

"Um, Althea, could you please let go?" Adrian asked.

Althea came to a halt and looked back at Adrian then looked down to their holding hands.

 "Oh, sorry. Did I made you feel uncomfortable?" She asked whilst letting go.

"No, that's not it. I just don't want to gather unwanted attention."

"Oh, then let's go."

Then Athena paused.

"To where exactly?"

"let's go to the rooftop. And maybe get some privacy." 

With swift nod from Adrian, both of them proceeded to the rooftop. 

_____________

In the midst of this, a certain god is busy in his little world in the school clinic.  Apollo was checking his medical kit one by one. And putting them to their right places when a memory from the past night struck him as fast and vivid like a lightning.

_____

"It seems that something is bothering you, Athena" Apollo said as he crossed him arms, proceeding to stand near his so-called sister.

"Apollo, It's you. It's not like I'm bothered. I'm just thinking. "

"Thinking.. about the curse, is  it not?"

Athena smiled, averting her gaze to Apollo "I hate that your always right, Apollo. Especially in this kind of things." she half laughed.

Apollo just remained there. Standing. Both pair of keen eyes were stuck to each other. This went on for a couple of minutes. A growing silence engulf  the whole atmosphere. Some may feel the creeping awkwardness. But this was a rare scene. It was comfortable.

After a while, it was Athena who broke their little eye to eye contest. It was also Athena who broke the silence.

"Apollo, it seems that not only that my shape shifting ability is damaged."  This made Apollo raised a brow. Adjusting his glasses, he looked down to his companion.

"What do you mean?"

"We underestimated Ares. My powers are restricted."

"what!" Apollo can barely hold his tongue from shouting  inadequate words. Since the awakening of Athena, different problems are rising one by one.

"Yes. And it seems that I don't know the limitation." 

Apollo heaved out a loud sigh, "That's why I told you to go back to the Olympus."  He once again suggested, adjusting his glasses.

"No. From the moment I stepped foot here, in the human world, I decided not to go back until I get back my revenge or when my vacation is finally over."

Apollo knew that this conversation would get them to nowhere. So he clicked his tongue, "so, what are you planning to do?"

" I don't know yet. But one thing's sure."

"and that is?"

"I'm going to give every ounce of my left powers to get out of this curse"

___

   "That goddess is really troublesome for a god that's stronger than his father" Apollo said to no one in particular. A smirk crept through his face.

________

"So, what were you going to ask?" Athena told Adrian, while looking down on the green grass.

"It's about Athena, where is he?" Adrian nervously asked.

"Athena? He's with my cousin. I'm afraid his in a very far place right now." she answered in a matter of fact tone

"eh, why? I mean I don't want to intrude your family matters but-

"But your worried? Is that it, Adrian?"

Adrian only gave Athena a nod or two.

"I'm sorry  but I can't tell you that. It's a bit private. But rest assured his fine."

"Really?" Adrian let out a sigh of relief. Which surprised the goddess in front of him.

"Your that worried?"

"Yeah, of course. He's of of my few friends. But I'm also guilty." This made Athena raise a brow.

"Guilty?"

"Yes, you may think that it was mean of me to do that-I think so too, that's why I'm guilty."

"Guilty of?" Athena acted innocently as if she doesn't know any of this matter.

"You see," Adrian said averting his gaze away from Athena, scratching his hair with his left hand. "I drove him away. Even though it was me who is in the advantage"

"Is that it? I'm sure he knows the reason of such act." Athena then paused for a second "I know Athena more than any one else so I'm quiet positive that he forgave you a long time ago." 

This made Adrian freeze. "oh, is that so?" he then looked up to the sky. "Then I'm happy"