"shh.. don't cry donghyuck.. yes you're smart, cute, rich and pretty but he doesn't deserve you.." lucas comforted him as he placed his chin on top of donghyuck's head while the latter wept in lucas' neck.

donghyuck hiccuped, trying to form sentences, "b-but.. i love him it hurts.."

and do you see how painful it is for me seeing you crying over a man that doesn't give a damn about you? lucas thought, wishing that he had the courage to say that out loud to awaken the tanned male.

"you basically just knew him.. how can you fall in love that fast?" lucas asked, trying not to sound upset. he should ask that to himself as well, how could he try to abandon his friendship with mark just because of one man that he had feelings for?

donghyuck wondered the same thing, pulling away from lucas, "i know.. it's crazy right? how he can make me fell head over heels for him.. i.. i just don't know lucas."

lucas could only fake a smile, "mark is a lucky guy.."

donghyuck lowered his head, staring at his fingers on his laps, "i miss him."

"i don't know what exactly he had done to you but you're such an angel donghyuck.. you still love him after what had happened.." lucas wished it was him that donghyuck loved. "but.. what are you going to do now?"

"i don't know.. i just want to see him but it's hard.. i doubt he wants to see me after what happened between us. i just don't understand why he changed," donghyuck said and let out a long breath, "lucas.. do you know mark really well? since you're close with him.."

lucas' breath caught up on his throat hearing the abrupt question, "y-yeah.. he's a nice guy but regarding this issue, i have no idea why he's like this." lucas answered, hoping the latter didn't ask something that would make him lie.

"does he have a disturbing past that makes him act this way? i mean.. people with trauma or dark history sometimes behave like they're emotionally unstable.." donghyuck asked, looking at lucas straight in the eye.

lucas shifted his gaze away as he cleared his throat, trying to sound confident, "i'm not sure about that."

donghyuck sighed as he folded his legs and brought them closer to his chest, placing his chin on his knees, "if he's really experiencing trouble with his past, i will help him to get through it no matter what it takes.."

"even if it kills you?" lucas blurted out but suddenly covered his mouth, shocked at his careless action.

donghyuck only smiled and nodded his head, "even if it kills me."

♠️♠️♠️

the next day, lucas brought donghyuck out of his depressing cave, telling him to give himself a break from all the sorrow he was facing at the moment.

"i'm not really in the mood to go out," donghyuck said tiredly as he sat at the passenger seat while lucas while driving. he had just picked up the tanned male from his rented penthouse.

lucas chuckled hearing the latter's words as he took a glance at him before focusing back on the road, "yeah right, but look at you all dress up."

"so? should i just wear what i have yesterday?" donghyuck rolled his eyes.

"i didn't say that. if you want to dress like that, it's not a problem to me though. well.. you look good in anything.." lucas admitted shyly at the last part, trying to hide his grin that crept on his face.

donghyuck heard what the latter had said from the beginning of his sentence to the end, "i indeed look good in anything."

lucas' heart skipped a beat when he saw donghyuck smiled. it was the smile that donghyuck always showed him when he was feeling great. lucas was glad that he managed to make him happy again. how he wished donghyuck was his. but it wasn't too late to try.

beaming to himself, his heart was filled with determination to make the tanned male feel what a real love is.

lucas brought donghyuck to the mall as there were a lot of entertainments they could do.

"wanna grab some food first? you look like a bone," lucas muttered as they entered the huge building.

donghyuck balled his fist, pretending to punch lucas, "with this bone, it still can knock you down with one hit."

lucas laughed, grabbing donghyuck's fist in his large palm, "i'm just joking. well? food?"

donghyuck huffed out, removing his hand from lucas', "i only want ice cream."

"anything for you pudu." 

donghyuck snorted at the nickname, trying to hide his frown as he remembered mark used to point out that he looked like a pudu. shaking his head to throw the thought away, he clung onto lucas' arm.

"let's go get an ice cream!" donghyuck exclaimed, dragging lucas, not minding his surrounding as he also wanted forget about his current problem for a while.

donghyuck didn't know how it affected lucas, how joyful he was in the inside at the sudden skinship. lucas decided to play along, yelling too, "yay ice cream!"

if it meant happiness for donghyuck, he would do it no matter if they caught attention from the people in the mall with their childish behavior. 

little did they know, they also caught a pair of eyes that were watching their action from the moment they arrived there. 

♠️♠️♠️

|to be continued|

hyuckhei for this chapter~ maybe markhyuck for the next one hehe i miss them :p or maybe.... jealous mark? hahahaha

i want to do double update actually but i easily get sidetracked and i can't focus while writing ;-;

anyways, enjoy uwu