Navigare 82

"Get your hands off my starfish." A voice snarled from behind, "or else..." sa isang iglap ay naputol ang kamay ng dalawang g'ward'ya na nakahawak sa akin, "this happens." Napaurong sila habang bumubuluwak ng dugo sa napugot nilang mga kamay. It was all so fast. "I got held up, sorry I was late." He kissed me on my earlobe. Kasabay nito ay ang pagtanggal niya ng aking posas. "It seems like the situation has changed." He looked around. At my father and mother. "It seems like all this time, we've been protecting the enemy."

"The fuck are you all standing there? Kill this bastard!" Sigaw ni papa sa mga tauhan sabay turo kay Maximo. They were about to comply on my father's order when Maximo moved, almost in a blur. Hindi ko masyadong nahagip ang kan'yang paggalaw. I just heard the scream of men and the sound of liquid, of blood. A few seconds later, they were all dead.

Fear became evident in my parents. Umurong sila. "Who are you?" Maximo aimed his blood-stained sword at my father's neck. I saw how his adam's apple wave with fear. "Don't make me repeat myself again. Who. Are. You?"

My father opened his mouth, but no words came out. He seemed so vulnerable and powerless at this moment. Something I rarely see, or I've never seen before. He was afraid. And here, I thought my father was not afraid of anything. But like Maximo, I also wanted to know... the secret of my father. Recognition seems to hit my father upon gazing at Maximo's eyes, "peculiar eyes... blue... green..." natigilan si Maximo dahil sa sinambit ni papa, ngumisi siya matapos ang ilang sandali. "Ah, halos hindi na kita mamukhaan, you're the only son of Alexandre, right?" Hindi sumagot si Maximo. "Your face tells me so... how can I forget?!" Humalakhak si papa. Mas diniinan ni Maximo ang espada sa leeg ni papa dahilan upang matigilan siya. "That weapon is dangerous, kid." My father shook his head in disapproval. What the fuck is he doing? Does he have a death wish? Trying to provoke Maximo!

"Ano ang pinagsasabi mo?!" Maximo snarled, though it seems like he is already getting it while here I am, oblivious of the truth.

"You know what I mean."

"I want it to come out of your mouth." He demanded.

What the hell is going on? What is it that I am missing here?

Ngumisi si papa, sa isang iglap ay may baril siyang hawak-hawak, it was aimed at Maximo, "I killed your parents."

I saw how Maximo's muscles tensed. Biglang dumilim at bumigat ang paligid. Lumingon ako at nakita si Excel, she seemed to be confused, like me. Wait... "The leader of the Sea Brigands killed my parents..."

I looked at my father... "you..." Bigla akong naguluhan. No. This cannot be... how can this be? How can everything end up like this? "You are the Sea Brigands leader, aren't you?"

"Yes." Ngumisi si papa. "I am, Akira." I wish he denied that... how can this be? Ang aking ama ay isa ring pirata? Piratang kalaban ni Maximo?!

Napaurong ako nang bahagya, humigpit ang hawak ko sa handle ng aking punyal. Masyado na naman akong nabigla sa mga rebelas'yon. "Ano pa ang hindi mo sinasabi?!" Sinamaan ko siya ng tingin, pati si mama na tahimik lamang na nakatingin sa akin.

"Many things. I'll tell you everything, Akira. But now is not the right time." Mas lalong lumaki ang ngisi ni papa, "you'll know that all this time, you've been doing exactly what I wanted. From the cruise ship, up to your meeting with the renowned King of Pirates. You've been doing what your mother and I wanted. I am very grateful, Akira... that you've brought to me the king of all pirates... and Excel. Finally."

What the fuck is he saying?! Dahil sa mga katagang binitawan niya ay binaba ni Maximo ang espada mula sa kamay ni papa. Maximo looked at me, as if asking for an answer... to what my father was talking about, but neither do I have any knowledge. "You must be confused, my dear..." tumingin ako kay mama, ngumiti lamang siya sa akin. "But you made your father and I very proud."

I looked at Excel, then to Maximo. They seemed to be asking for answers, just as well as I was.

With that, my father snapped his fingers, along with it was the sound of window glasses getting shattered into pieces and heavy footsteps of armed men.