Navigare 29

Tinignan ko ang aking sarili sa salamin nang isuot ko ang bestidang umabot hanggang sa taas ng aking paa. The black color complimented my fair skin, making it appear like I was glowing. The fitness of the dress somehow emphasized the curves of my body, and the slit on its right side that tore its way towards my leg highlighted my slender feet.

I applied a black burgundy lipstick, somehow making my lips pouty and full. I smiled. "Here's the mask, Starfish." Ani Maximo, nakasuot siya ng itim na suit. I looked at him in awe. He was like an archangel. Nakasuot din siya ng maskara, it only hid his upper face as it was a masquerade mask, but somehow the mask made him seem to appear like a mysterious hunk. Nobody will ever think he was a pirate.

I smiled and took it. We were all wearing black. Maximo said it was for color coding. We will wear black and the guests of the auction will wear any shades of red. And for identity protection, the auction was themed as a masquerade—this explains the masks.

Sinuot ko na ang itim na maskarang inabot sa akin ni Maximo. I didn't apply makeup anymore, only the lipstick. Tumayo si Maximo sa tabi ko, pareho naming tinignan ang sarili sa salamin. Maximo held my hand and intertwined our fingers together. Somehow, what he did was breathtaking. I can feel his fingers tightening the grip. "You look elegant, Kira." He said while gazing at the mirror.

I suppressed a smile, "you look regal." I replied.

Nang bitawan ni Maximo ang aking kamay ay tila hinanap ko iyon—the warmth and roughness of his palm, the way his big hands collide against my skin. I gasped when he suddenly knelt and put his hands around my leg through the slit of my dress. I was tempted to bite my lips, what was he doing?! "M-Maximo?"

Ngumisi siya at saka may pinaikot doon. "It's a dagger belt. There are 10 small daggers here. Use it for self-defense. May mga oras na baka hindi kita mapoprotektahan. So you need to protect yourself for me, okay?"

Dahil nakaluhod siya ay dumapo ang aking kamay sa kan'yang buhok. "Okay." I patted him and he just looked at me with his heterochromia eyes—the blue and green shades behind the masquerade mask were so beautiful, it felt like two personas were looking at me. But it was only him.

"Okay. Let's go to the auction hall." Aniya. Tumayo na siya, we walked side by side towards the elevator. He pressed the basement. I just found out that this hotel restaurant is managed by Meliodas. Maximo told me beforehand. He told me exactly all the details needed.

A lot of big shots from the underground organization will be attending—the Silicians, Lamortels, Fireflys, Archangels, and other mafias, even auctioneers who are apparently a part of the government. As it is a trade on land, there were no pirates other than us who are in charge of the event.

Nang pababa na kami mula sa elevator ay tumikhim si Maximo, "never leave my side, okay?"

"Okay."

"Never, okay?"

"Okay." I chuckled. "Don't worry, I can protect myself. Nakita mo naman kahapon, hindi ba? Like you just watched me do my thing."

"Yes, I saw. But if I am to critique, you still have a long way to go." Kumunot naman ang noo ko at saka ako lumabi dahil sa sinabi niya, "I didn't mean to offend you. What you did was unimaginable and you were flawless with those hits especially when you threw the dagger and phone into the air, your reflexes were accurate... but you moved too much, so many unnecessary movements, that made it easier for you to lose energy."

"I wholeheartedly accept your constructive criticism." I said to Maximo, "I'll keep it in mind. Thank you."

"If you're thankful, kiss me." Aniya. Humarap siya sa akin at saka yumuko. He pouted his lips as if waiting for my move.

"I have a lipstick."

Mas lalong lumabi si Maximo. "Starfish." Tugon niya.

"Masisira ang lipstick ko—"

I was stopped midair when he suddenly pulled me close and pecked my lips with a kiss, "we won't torridly kiss, just a peck." Maximo explained afterwards. Tila biglang uminit ang elevator. Tumunog ito at saka bumukas ang pinto. Thank God! It felt like I was suffocating here because of the humidity!

"We're allies all here, but there will always be a traitor. Oh, right, you can trust the Silicians." Pagpapaliwanag ni Maximo, "we're all good friends with the mafia bosses."

"Bosses?"

"Right. They have two bosses—Liham and Yomiere. They have twins and Yomiere is apparently carrying triplets. Huwag tayong magpapatalo, okay? Let's aim for quadruplets." Maximo playfully whispered in my ears.