Navigare 90

"Are you saying that I need to marry my brother?! That bastard!" Hinawakan ko nang mahigpit sa braso si Pearl, "tell me! I've already sealed my union with Maximo! You know it! You know how sacred it is!"

"I am very sorry, Kira... I, too, was lost at words a while ago. I never knew Kid intended to marry you and if ever he did, I never thought it'd be... this fast. I am afraid you need a little sacrifice." Little?! Little?!

"I'd rather die than marry him."

"Kira, makinig kang mabuti sa akin." Pearl hushed. "Kumalma ka."

"Calm? How can I be calm?! I am so done pretending to forget Maximo, I'll go to Kid and slap it into his face that I will never forget Maximo no matter what he uses against me!"

"And then what? Risk being caught? Risk having your memories altered again? Risk getting us all killed?!" Tinaasan na ako ni Pearl ng boses. Halata ang pinaghalong galit at inis sa kan'yang boses. Kanina pa siguro siyang nagtitimpi sa akin. "I need you to listen. Hindi ka namin kayang itakas nang basta-basta. Okay? And certainly, we cannot free you tomorrow. You must marry Kid. You must."

Napaupo na lamang ako sa gilid ng kama. Napahilamos ako sa aking mukha gamit ang aking mga palad. I was so stressed out. Hindi ko na alam ang dapat na gagawin.

"I need to think. Get out." Utos ko kay Pearl. "I need to be alone... please."

Bumuntong-hininga si Pearl, "you need to think straight, Kira."

"I know. That's why I need you to get out."

Hindi na umimik pa si Pearl at lumabas na. When she was gone, that's when my tears started to fall down from my eyes. I've been suppressing my tears far too long. They came out in the size of pearls... I let my tears cascade down on my cold cheeks, warming me up... I need Maximo. I need him now.

But he isn't here... I am not even certain that he is alive despite Pearl's words.

~~~

I cried myself to sleep. Nang magising ako ay gabi na, nagising ako dahil sa paghawi ni Kid sa aking buhok. So, he has access in my room, huh? Great! Oh, and yes, of course he does, he and dad own this island! He probably has a skeleton key in his pocket!

"You cried?"

"Yes." I said, truthfully. Halata naman sa aking mugtong-mugto na mga mata. Pakiramdam ko nga ay parang bumusog ang aking mga mata... they feel unusually fat. Medyo mahapdi rin.

"Why?"

"Well, knowing the fact that we're about to marry tomorrow... masyado mo akong binigla at ginulat. Masyado rin akong nabigla sa pagkakaalam na buntis ako... did we even do it? I don't remember. Siguro dala ng pagbubuntis. Masyado akong emosyonal for no good and valid reason."

I hate you, fuck you! Die! Rot in hell!

"You don't remember? Then, how about I make you remember?" He winked. Seriously? This guy is gross and crazy and rotten to the core!

Umiling ako. "That's probably not a good idea. Kid, I want to ask... time. That's all I want. Give me time to think. Masyado akong naguguluhan sa lahat ng mga nangyayari. There are things... unclear to me. If I am to marry you, I want all my worries to be cleared. I want to have everything settled. Can you do that for me? I mean, if you really love me... then, you can wait no matter how long I ask. I mean, I won't go anywhere, right? I'll be here."

Kid sighed. Hindi siya umimik. Tinitigan niya lamang ako sa aking mukha. Ilang minuto ang lumipas at saka siya bumuntong-hininga. "If you say so."

"Does that mean you will postpone our wedding?" I tried not to sound happy about it.

"Well, yes... if that is what you want."

I smiled. "Thank you. Mapagbigay ka talaga."

"Of course, I'll give anything you ask, just do tell me."

"Okay..." I pecked a kiss on his cheek to make it more realistic. Ugh! Remind me later to wash my lips!

"Are you hungry?"

I nodded at Kid. Well, of course I was! I haven't eaten anything for almost a day here!

"Okay. Let's go to the dining hall and eat."

We took our exit and walked side by side. The corridor was dimly lit by solar powered lights. We walked down to the second floor. I can't help but smirk mentally... I've bought time. I've postponed our marriage which I am confident will never happen... now, all I need is to wait for Marco and Pearl to plan and sort things out.

I hope I am not wrong to trust them this time.