:17:

November 5th, 2012                        

Joel

"But seriously, in all, it was never my intention to hurt her. I swear." I said as Chris and Emilia had their jaws hung open.

"I am so freaking sorry Joel." Emilia said after I finished explaining everything to them.

"Yeah bro, sorry. We were complete assholes before. I'm glad you told us but you gotta tell Azaiah somehow." Chris replied.

"It's gonna be hard to get her to listen but once she does, I'm sure she'll understand." Emilia said smiling. "You just gotta hit her soft spot."

I chuckled at her advice. "So you guys'll give me her address?" I asked hopefully.

"Yeah yeah, don't worry about that, just hurry up and book a plane ticket."

"I'm already ahead of you, booked it before I came. In fact, I should probably get going, it's almost time for my flight."

"Sneaky ass" I heard Chris mumble to Emilia.

"Heard that." I said as I got up.

"Yeah, yeah, just get your ass to New York. I'll drop you off."

I got out of the taxi I had taken to get to Azaiah's house, coming face to face to an enormous apartment building. It was almost 2 am but I knew I had to see her right now. I checked the paper Emilia gave me with her address and made my way to the lobby.

"Good day Sir, how may I help you?" A man in a red suit asked from a desk.

"Um I need to go to apartment number 818."

"Ah, Ms.Winslow's apartment I see."

"Uh yeah."

"Well you may take this elevator to the eighth floor, the door will be third to your right."

"Great, thanks."

I made my way up and found the door labeled 818 in gold. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door three times.

I heard shuffling from the other side as I waited for her to open the door.

"Who is it?" I heard her yell through the door.

I remained silent knowing she wouldn't open the door if she knew it was me. I knocked again hoping she would open up. The door opened a little, just enough for her to see who it is and slam the door without another thought. 

"Azi, wait please." I said pushing myself against the door as she tried closing it. "Please let me explain."

"No, leave before I call security."

"Azaiah, come on. I flew all the way here just to explain to you. I just-"

"I never told you to come. Leave."

"Azaiah."

"Leave."

"Just let me-"

"NO!" She yelled using all her force to slam the door shut.

I knocked her door repeatedly hoping she would open up.

"Joel it's 2 am, leave before the neighbors complain!" She said through the door.

"Not until you let me in."

"That's never happening. Leave."

I kept knocking on the door. "Azaiah! Azaiah! Come on-"

"Bro, bro, it's 2 am, go to sleep." I heard a male voice say. I turned my heard and saw a guy around my age with green eyes sleepily come out of the apartment labeled 816.

"Oh, uh sorry man, didn't mean to wake you up."

"Yeah, you already did that. What are you doing anyways? You here for Azaiah?"

"W-what? Uh yeah, you know her?" I asked.

"Well we are neighbors, but yeah we're friends. Who are y- wait, are you Joel?"

"Uh yeah, why?"

"Oh shit, Ay Zab, it's Joel!" He yelled to someone in his apartment.

"Azaiah's been telling us about you for years, but never said when we could meet you."

A blond haired guy, probaly 'Zab', came out of the same apartment as the green eyed guy. 'Zab' came out as he sleepily rubbed his eyes.

"Hey, what's all the noise about?"
'Zab' said while yawning.

"It's Joel, the guy Azaiah told us about." He replied.

"Hey" I awkwardly said.

"Shit, really? How are you bro?"

"Uh good, thanks."

"Wanna come in before security finds you?"

"Um yeah sure." I said grabbing the box.

We entered the house as I was met with a light breeze coming from the open window.

"Yeah sorry if it's cold, Richard likes sleeping with the window open." Zab said as I looked at the green eyes guy thinking he was Richard.

"I'm Zabdiel by the way," the blond stated as I nodded my head. "That's Erick." He said pointing to the guy with green eyes.

"Then who's Richard?" I asked confused.

"Oh, that's our other friend. You'll probably see him in the morning. " I nodded my head slowly,  not knowing what to do.

"So what brings you here Joel?" Erick asked sitting on the couch next to the one I had sat on.

"You could say it's just a misunderstanding that occurred between us that I kinda really need to clear up asap." I said scratching the back of my neck.

"Yikes." I heard Zabdiel say.

"What about you guys, when did you guys meet Azaiah?"

"We've been here for a while now, we all just live together since we all go to NYU."

"And can't afford living alone" Zabdiel said cutting Erick off.

"That too. But anyways, we met Azaiah when she moved here, and we helped her move in. But yeah, she's just a really good friend."

I smiled knowing how sweet and friendly she is. "Have any of you guys seen her today?"

"Well we thought she wasn't gonna be back till late November, but Richard said he ran into her this afternoon saying she looked like she had been crying. I tried going over to check up on her but she said she was fine and just wanted to rest."

I sighed at all the trouble I had caused her. "I think I should probably get going to my hotel, you guys probably wanna get some sleep." I said standing up.

"Nonsense, why not just stay the night?"

"Are you sure?" I asked.

"Of course."

"I can take the couch."

"Sure, I'll bring you a blanket." Zabdiel said getting up.

Elsa492