:7:

November 18th, 2009                      

Joel

I sat at the booth patiently waiting.

"Sir, can I get you anything to drink?" Asked the waitress who had asked me the same question twice in the past hour.

"Um, not yet, I'm still waiting on someone. I'll let you know later."

"Of course, let me know if you need anything." She smiled walking to another table.

11:23, and she's still not here. Maybe she forgot. Or maybe she's in traffic. What if she found out-

"Um excuse me" I turned my head to see the waiter from before holding a phone. "There's someone on the phone for you." She said keeping the same smile from before.

"What?" I asked before taking the phone she held out to me.

"Hello?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh thank goodness Joel you're here." I immediately recognized her voice through the phone.

"A-are you okay? Where are you?" I asked nervously.

"I'm perfectly fine" She laughed though the phone "My flight from New York got delayed and I just landed." I sighed in relief.

"Well okay, I'll be waiting when you get here" I smiled even though she wouldn't see it.

"Oh um Joel?" I heard her ask before I was about to return the phone.

"Yeah?"

"Can you give the waiter twenty bucks? It's the only way she let me talk to you since I didn't have your number." She said chuckling.

"Right, will do. See you in  a bit babe." I said before returning the phone to the waitress and fished out a twenty dollar bill from my wallet.

I sat there waiting for about another half hour until I felt a pair of hands rest over my eyes.

I knew that touch better than any.

"I wonder who that could be" I said taking her hands. "Oh wait, maybe it's the person I've been waiting for since 9:40" I said sarcastically.

"Hey, I told you, my flight got delayed."

"Yeah you told me that a half hour ago." I said chuckling. "So much for 10 sharp."

"You'll never let that pass, will you." She said finally taking a seat in front of me.

"Nope. Now if you don't mind, can we order first, I'm kinda hungry." I asked waiting impatiently. I called over the waitress as she took our order.

"Now, I believe we have some catching up to do." She said leaning forward with her elbows now on the table.

"Indeed we do." I said mocking her actions.

"Okay first off, are you dating anyone currently?" She asked as she crooked her brow.

"No, but I went on a few dates. None were all that great." I replied shrugging. "You?" I asked.