:15:

November 5, 2012                                

I couldn't read anymore. My eyes were bloodshot with tears streaming down my face.

It was him.

I couldn't think straight. My head was spinning and my breathing was heavy as I clutched the paper tightly. I had no reason to read the rest.

Was everything he said a lie? Was everything he did a lie? Was every form of affection he showed me, a lie?

I took the pape, crumpling it up in a ball as I made my way to his room. Shaking, I took a hold of the handle turning it ever so quietly. A sleeping Joel came into view as I had no idea how to react or what to do.

I want to love him; but I can't now. I have only hate for him.

I walked over to where my dress was, grabbing it, getting ready to leave. I bent over to pick it up, only to hear a familiar voice I know I would never want to hear again.

"Azi?" He said making me stop everything. "You're up early. What are you doing?" He asked sweetly.

I slowly turned around. My tear stained face facing his.

"Hey, what wrong?" he asked making his way over to me, worried. "Azi?" He said again, reaching his hands to wipe my tears, only to be met with my hand slapping them away.

"Azaiah, what's wron-" before he could finish, my hand had already met his cheek forcefully.

"Azaiah, what the hell is wrong?" He asked once again, this time getting more frustrated.

I grabbed the collar of his shirt forcefully. "YOU, IT WAS YOU! YOU'RE THE REASON I'M LIKE THIS." I yelled pointing to my scars, making sure he saw every single one. "HOW LONG DID YOU PLAN ON KEEPING THIS FROM ME?" I screamed, throwing the crumpled paper at him. His eyes followed the paper as it made its way to the floor, his eyes widening once he realized what it was. "ANSWER ME JOEL!" My grip on his collar became weak, my sobs becoming heavy. "Answer me Joel. Please." I whispered through my sobs. "Please."

I could see Joel's eyes water from the corner of mine.

"I never wanted you to find out like this, I was going to tell you; I promise." He whispered.

I shook my head in disbelief.
"No. No. No." I quickly got up, grabbing my dress.  I ran out his room, and made my way to the front door. Right before I could leave, Joel's hand gripped my wrist, spinning me to face his tear stained face.

"Azaiah, I swear, please just let me explain. I don't know what you read and what you didn't but it's not what you think." He said trying to come closer to me, though I only moved back with every step. "Please." He said as his voice cracked.

"Let go of me." I said through gritted teeth. His grip remained, making me frustrated. I tried to release my grip with all my force, but still failed. "I said let go of me Joel. Now. I never want to see you, hear from you or have anything to do with you ever again. Ever." When I got the chance, I yanked my hand away, and made my way outside, hoping to find a taxi near by.

The cold LA air hit my bare arms and legs as I got out of the taxi, making my way up to Emilia's apartment with my dress in hand. I knocked on the door a few times before Chris opened up sleepily.

"Azaiah?" He asked opening up the rest of door before looking out the hallway for anyone else. "Yo, what's wrong?" He asked once he notice my tears. "Where's Joel?" He asked taking me to the couch. He soothingly rubbed my back. "Emilia's out for a morning run. But I'm here if there's any way I can help."
I shook my head as I just sat there, letting tears spill.

"It was him." I said as my voice cracked. "All him."

"What was him?"

"Everything. He's the one responsible for the fire, Chris. He did that. He ruined everything for me."

"W-what? I'm sure there's a mistake, there's no way-" he was cut of by the door bell ringing. "That was a quick run. I'll get it." He said walking towards the door. He opened it but stopped midway.

"Look, I don't think is a good time." I heard Chris say.

"Please" I heard him say. I knew it was him, he had followed me here. I walked over to the door.

"What do you not understand about leaving me alone? GET LOST!" I yelled before slamming the door.
Chris and I stood by the closed door before I broke the silence.

"Can you book me flight back while I get my suitcase ready?"

"Azaiah, are you sure you do-"

"Please, just do it. Please. " I said before walking over to my room to pack up my things.

"Thanks for everything Chris."
I said as I made my way to security.

"Don't mention it. And hey, you're strong, you're  gonna get through this, you have Emilia and I."

"I don't know what I'd I do without you guys. Oh, and also, please just tell Emilia why I left so she doesn't ask me."

"Will do Ms.Winslow, now you might wanna go now before you miss your flight."

"Thank you Mr.Velez" I said doing a little bow.

We laughed at our actions before I left to board the flight back to New York where I knew I would be staying for who knows how long.

...

Authors Note: I won't be able to update for the next few weeks because I'll be on vacation and won't have time. Sorry, but I hope you all enjoy! Thanks for reading!

Elsa492