2.2

"Happy birthday!"

Chaeyoung clapped her hands and watched her brother's face lit up even more upon the arrival of their parents as a surprise. Jimin looked too happy with all that was happening, with Jennie attending the birthday party after Chaeyoung convinced her to come and even their parents were there to celebrate his birthday.

But the happiness soon faded on Jimin's face, she saw, when their father constantly held onto his phone, spitting business terms as he stood at a corner and the same was with their mother, with one hand occupied with her phone and another busy typing something on her tablet.

Nevertheless, she knew that Jimin expected that to happen. It happened one too many times that it would be totally weird if they really didn't do it at least once. Jungkook was with her the whole time, accompanying her before he said he'd run back home to retrieve his birthday present for Jimin that he forgot to bring along with him.

When he came back and asked her where Jimin was, she told him that she saw her brother heading upstairs.

"He's going to love this," he said excitedly.

"What is that?"

"It's a secret," he winked at her and she snorted.

"You're going to keep that a secret from me?"

"Yep." Jungkook laughed, whipping his head left and right when they reached upstairs. "So where exactly is he?"

Just then, Chaeyoung's brows furrowed when there was a thud coming from the area of Jimin's room. She pulled Jungkook with her and the door was slightly ajar. She was about to call her brother's name when the view inside muted her, and she believed, Jungkook as well.

Her eyes widened when she saw Jimin pinning Jennie to the wall while their lips were connected, and Jennie's hands were roaming up and down her brother's chest. When she saw how Jennie was desperately trying to get rid of Jimin's shirt, Jungkook's hand lifted up and covered her eyes, causing her to gasp softly. Chaeyoung quickly pulled Jungkook's hand down and the next thing she heard was Jennie stammering her name.

"Chae –Chaeyoung –"

"What? What?" Jimin breathed, his face was so close to Jennie who was already looking at her. Jimin then turned, following Jennie's gaze and when Chaeyoung's eyes met with her brother's, she flinched when Jimin yelled over the loud music.

"What the hell are you two kids doing here?! Scram!" He pushed the door harshly and Chaeyoung didn't wait till the door slammed to a close as she quickly ran with Jungkook behind her.

Chaeyoung's palm pushed Jungkook's back once she opened the door to her room and she followed him in quickly, shutting the door speedily as though there was a monster chasing after them. She leaned against the door, her hand still holding onto the knob even after she locked it.

When she turned away to look for Jungkook, she spotted him sitting at the edge of her bed. Slowly, Chaeyoung let go of the knob and took a seat just beside him. She stared down at the floor, her eyes never stopped blinking for every five seconds as if that would erase the image of her brother and her friend getting intimate in a way she'd never witnessed before from her mind.

Just as she was focusing on not to think of it again –in which she failed almost every time, Jungkook suddenly chuckled on her side. Chaeyoung's head whipped to look at him and her eyes widened in confusion as she locked eyes with him.

"Look at you," Jungkook said, trying to stifle the chuckle as he lifted a hand to push away her falling hair to behind her shoulder. "You should see yourself in the mirror."