dead ✔️

where louis and harry are both dead. they aren't in hell, but they aren't in heaven either. they get a second chance at life.

-

louis doesn't know where he is. it's definitely not home. it's not even his world.

he would have thought it was a dream but he pinched himself and slapped himself and even tried to drown himself in the lake in a fit of hysteria only to find himself back on top of the cliff where he started. this isn't a dream, or a nightmare for that matter, this is real. this sucks.

louis woke up with his neck killing him and his heart beating a million miles an hour. once louis chilled out he began walking around, hoping to find someone or something to help him.

but louis has been walking for hours now. in the beginning louis thought this world was pretty. gorgeous orange skies, like the sun is setting but it's been the same color for forever. the water is orange too, like orange soda, but louis tried it and it definitely doesn't taste like orange soda, just shitty lake water. there aren't any trees, but if louis really strains his eyes far ahead of him he see's something resembling them. the sand beneath him is blue. it's very pretty, but louis is sick of seeing it. he wants to go home, a place he knows and is comfortable.

louis also wants to stop walking, give up all together, sit on the ground and die. louis wonders if a wild animal would come around and pick him apart, clean him off of the pretty blue sand. louis isn't sure that there are any animals here though, louis hasn't seen any form of life other than him. usually when there is water there are organisms, but the water doesn't even have algae, much less fish.

so louis keeps walking, thinking about where he may be and how he can get back. thinking about how he got here to begin with. louis doesn't remember much, from what happened before he woke up in the sand. he knows about his life at home, on earth. he was 28 years old, he had a kid, and really big family. he lived in london but his family lived in doncaster. he had a relatively big group of friends and a good job. other than that louis doesn't remember much, was he happy?

louis doesn't know. he also doesn't know when he started to refer to his own life in past tense, like it was a far away time ages ago, when in reality he woke up on the sand only a mere four or five hours ago. he thinks. he isn't sure there is time where he is. there isn't a sun, just an orange sky with nothing in it, no sun means no day and no day probably means no night. what other way is there to tell time? he doesn't have his phone, it must have disappeared when he got here.

louis is walking and thinking and walking and thinking and he's so tired he wonders how his feet are still working. he thinks he hears something but it must be a figment if his imagination, he hasn't seen anything alive since he woke up. he hears it again though, and it sounds like a voice almost. louis looks up, eyes and ears on alert. he really hopes this isn't his mind fucking him over, because his hopes are already raised.

"hello!" it's the voice of a male screaming, the voice echoes and it sounds like it might be far away.

"it's there anyone out here?!" the voice calls again, he sounds helpless, so close to giving up. similar to louis.

louis brain finally catches up with him, and louis yells back, "hello!"

the voice doesn't say anything else, and even though louis thinks it might have been his imagination, he walks to where he thinks the voice came from anyways.

a little while later the voice calls out later, still sounding very desperate, but this tome is sounds much closer. "is someone there?!"

"i'm here!" louis yells back, he looks around him hoping to see someone in the distance, he doesn't see anyone though.