Chapter 15: Scrabble

Start from the beginning

Matt laughed.

"No, I'm not completely pathetic. I have been off my medication for a bout a week. My dad lost his job and we had to cancel our health plan. I could not get my medication. I had been dealing well with it, it's just I think that set it off. I can't control my emotions..." he said, tears were forming in his eyes.

"Hey, it's okay... Look. Matt you're strong. You can get through this. You are not alone." I said while taking his hand.

"I will be there for you every step of the way. I promise you that." I said while wiping his tears away.

He mumbled a soft 'thank you.'

*

I arrived back at home to see Nash's car parked in my drive way. I smiled to myself. I walked in and Nash was on the couch.

"How did you get in?" I asked while putting my keys on the kitchen counter.

"Your mom let me in. I came here just as she was heading to work." he said.

"That means you must've been here for like 3 hours. Why did you wait so long?" I asked. Nash got up and walked towards me.

"I knew you'd be at the hospital with Matt, and you'd be upset when you got back. I just wanted to be here when you got back." he said with a shrug. My heart raced. This was probably just Nash being a good friend. I smirked at him.

"You're amazing you know that?" I said while plopping myself down on the couch. "Just what friends do." he said while sitting next to me.

"Want to watch a movie?" I asked. Nash shook his head.

"That's boring. I think we should play a game." he said with a devilish smirk. I raised an eyebrow.

"What kind of game?" I asked. He pushed his face really close to mine.

"I don't know, you tell me." he said while leaning in.

I turned my head away. I was not really in the mood.

"Scrabble." I said simply.

"Scrabble?" he asked with a look of confusion plastered all over his face.

"Scrabble. Let's play Scrabble." I said while getting up and looking through the kitchen cupboards.

"Seriously?" he asked while getting up.

"Yes. We are playing Scrabble." I said simply. Nash giggled.

"You're so cute." he said while sitting back down. My face was probably fifty shades of red at the moment.

I set up the scrabble board on the table in the middle of the living room. Nash did not really seem that interested but I did not care.

We played for a while till Nash got up.

"You're leaving?" I asked slightly disappointed. Nash sighed.

"Did you take time off your film?" he asked suddenly. I nodded.

"Only two days though. I have to go back tomorrow." I said, making it sound like it was a chore. He nodded.

"I'll visit you on set." he said while walking out. He let himself out.

I spent the rest of the day FaceTiming fans and tweeting. I was also texting Matt to see if he was okay. He was only scheduled to leave the hospital next week. He then had to go for counselling. I really hopped it would help him.

It was about seven at night when Nash called me.

"Hey." I said into the phone. I was currently laying on my bed with my laptop on my chest.

"Cam. You free on Friday?" he asked. I mentally checked my schedule. I was filming on Friday.

"Depends what time on Friday. I'm on set from 5am to 7pm." I said in the phone. Nash did not reply for a moment.

"Hmmm. I was going to ask you to come with me to New York for the weekend. I have some boring meetings and whatnot. It would be nice to have someone come with." he said.

"I would love to Nash." I said.

"You sure you won't be tired?" he asked.

"Nah, I'm used to it." I replied. I could hear Nash chuckle. "Alright, I'll pick you up on Friday night okay." he said.

"Sure thing. I gotta go, get some rest. I gotta be on set at like 5am tomorrow morning." I said.

"Sure thing. Night." he said.

"Night. love you." I regretted it the minute I said it. Shit. SHIT. Stupid Cameron. Stupid Cameron!

There was a long pause. I was almost certain he was going to hang up.

"Love you too."