"Cheating isn't always about the sex." I responded after some time. "People cheat for many reasons..." I wasn't a cheater but I knew that there were other grounds. "Yeah, I know but why else? I'm far from a racist...but she cheated with a black guy." He looked really torn up over this break up. I guess I could understand though. Jabri and I had only been together almost seven months, and look at us.

Ignoring each other's messages and phone calls but still keeping tabs.

"Maybe she wanted to try something she's never had?" I guessed, hoping that I wasn't speaking insensitively. "Maybe. And that's fine though, right? I mean she didn't have to have sex with him at her place. Why did she give me a key? Maybe I should've knocked?" A hint of sarcasm filled his voice making me laugh. "Probably." I giggled.

"Ah, you know what? Fuck her. I'm going out for drinks tonight, wanna come?" He invited. "Sure." I had nothing else to do anyways. Snowing or not, I was gonna get sexy and take my ass to the bar. This was the first birthday I'm spending without Dub too, so I was emotional about that. She needed to move back to New York now. "We can do happy hour after our shift." He said as I nodded in agreement.

"Is it okay if I ride with you? I want to get shit faced." He laughed a bit as he stood. "Yeah, that's fine." I responded, clicking the message on my phone.

iMessage from My Bear☺️🐻😋: how long you gon' stay mad at me? Pull up so we can make up man 😘😘

I ain't gon' hold you Rai, I'm gon' fuck the shit out ya petty ass when I see you 😏

I still love you, even though we ain't fucking with each other right now

Even while mad, he still managed to make me smile. That didn't mean I responded to him though. I just loved his message and got back to work. I would talk to him when I felt like it.

Jabri Hampton

"Since it's for a baby, I'ma charge you less. I gotta soft spot for kids." I chuckled, handing my new client her phone back. "Don't do that, charge your regular price." She insisted but I shook my head. "Nah, you good." I assured her. "Is it in Atlanta or here?" I asked. Her daughter was having a babygirl and she needed the nursery done.

"It's actually in Atlanta...is that extra for travel?" Her lips curled into a hopeful smile. "I am gon' charge you extra for travel though..." I told her honestly. She was the first person with a request that required me to go outta town, so I had to charge.

You pay for what you want.

"Okay, that's fine. It's worth it." I smiled a little, not really looking her way anymore. I was more concerned with these text messages Sarai' wasn't responding to. Clearly, last night was unsuccessful and that shit had me tight. We was outside fussing for a minute before she finally left me standing there in the cold.

She wasn't tryna hear nothing I had to say and neither was I. All I wanted was for her to come home with me. It pissed me off cus' she was acting like she couldn't trust me or something. I still had an attitude but I had to get out to work. My public projects were finished and I turned in the final layouts for my personal projects. The pieces would have to be done before we left town though.

We needed to be on good terms before we left too, or the whole trip would be pointless. "Well, it was nice meeting you Jabri. I'll be waiting for your call." Valerie smiled at me before walking away. I continued to grab what I needed and headed to the checkout line. Because the weather was getting crazier, I offered to do the grocery shopping for moms.

So, here I was.

While I was at it, I got some shit for me too. She still would have to cook it for me though. I was mad irritated because it was crowded as fuck in here. "C'mon yo...fuck is taking so long." I cussed as I looked at the people in front of me. Line was long as hell and if it was just for me, I woulda been like fuck this shit.

"Baby, you got everything on the list right?" Moms asked me as I helped her load the fridge. She was really just taking shit from me and putting it in there the way she wanted it. I'on understand what she needed me for.