chapter 14-Becca

"There is no way that man is staying in my house." I said throwing the pamphlet on the kitchen table and pacing back in forth "It's not happening!"

"I totally forgot this was a thing." April said picking up the pamphlet and flipping through the pages "It's kind of cool if you think about it." she said rubbing her temple.

This morning April and I got phone calls from our case managers reminding us of parents visit weekend. Dominants, caregivers, and submissives are able to freely visit friends and family but for obvious reasons it's not as easy for a little. Parents weekend was a scheduled weekend once a year that biological parents were able to come and visit their child.

"In what world is this cool." I said stopping in front of her and pointing at the playroom where the kids were playing "Rae is finally starting to put that man behind her, she doesn't tiptoe around me like she used to, always afraid that she's going to break a rule and I'm going to hurt her like her father did. And now I'm just supposed to invite him into my house."

"I didn't say it was cool for us." She said holding her hands up in defense "But imagine if Rae's dad was just as great as her mom. Wouldn't it be awesome to invite them into the house, because as much as you despise Mr.Carter I know you kind of love Mrs. Carter." She said pointing at a picture on the wall of Rae and I at the park "She gave you that."

"It will be cool to have Mrs. Carter here." I said after a second sitting down across from April "How do you feel about this whole thing?" I asked.

"I don't know." She said with a sigh "Mrs. Anderson is a complex woman. I'm curious to see what she'll be like without the responsibility of a child though." she said with a laugh. "But I guess she's gonna be here tomorrow so I'll find out."

"Do you guys want to come over for a cookout?" I asked "That way we don't have to do it alone."

"Sounds good to me." She said standing up with a sigh and following me down the hall. We laughed when we walked into the playroom taking quick photos of the kids sleeping. Rae had fallen asleep on the couch butt in the air and face straight into the ground while Max had fallen asleep sitting on top of the toy dump truck his face stuck in the steering wheel.

"They make bedtime so easy when they play together." I said carefully picking Rae up to move her to her crib for the night.

"I agree." April said with a laugh as she gently picked up Max "Are you okay with this mess." She said looking around the room.

"Yeah." I said walking her to the door "It will give me time to wind down." I said walking her to the front door. "Meet you at your house tomorrow morning, and then we can drive to the airport."

"Sounds good." she said walking out the door with a wave before I locked it behind her.

"Good night angel." I said softly finally laying Rae in her bed and quietly walking out of her room. I quickly picked up the playroom and laid down for the worst night of sleep I had had in a long time. I groaned when my alarm went off in the morning and took my time getting ready before walking into Rae's nursery.

"Good morning sweet girl." I said walking into her bedroom and interrupting her babbling.

"Hi Mommy." she said with a smile.

"Do you remember what we are doing today?" I asked as I pulled her out of her crib and carried her to her changing table.

"We goin to da aiport." she said rubbing her eyes "to pick up my otter Mama and my-umm" she paused looking up at me with big eyes "I no wanna call im dad anymore."

"You can call him whatever you want sweetheart." I said picking her up and carrying her to the rocking chair so I could nurse her before I got her dressed for the day. Once she was ready I dressed her in a pair of yellow shorts and a frilly light grey top and put a fake yellow flower in her hair. I quickly clipped a pacifier onto her shirt and handed her little five as I carried her downstairs. "Lets go peanut." I said grabbing the diaper bag I had packed before I had woken her up.