Chapter 21-Rae

"Can we bring Daisy to the park?" I asked, skipping into Mom's home office "she's bored" I said smiling "besides you've been working all day."

"I've been working for less than 2 hours drama queen" she said looking up at me with a smirk "but I think that would be a great idea. What do you think about inviting Max and Buddy?" she asked.

"Ummmm" I said nervously looking at my fingers "I don't know."

"We don't have to call them bug" she said with a small smile, "but it's been awhile since you've seen him, and I know you miss your friend."

"I do" I said quietly looking up at her with glossy eyes "but it's hard to see him being little because I miss being like that."

"I know you do," she said, pulling me to sit on her lap and kissing my forehead, "and you will be little again, we just have to take this day by day, but you can't push away your friends while you wait for it to happen."

"You're right" I said after a second "do you miss me being little?" I asked, looking at her with big eyes.

"Yes and no" she said with a smile "I love little Raelynn" she said squeezing me when I looked at her in confusion "so of course I miss her. But I still have you, and I love you so much. I am so very happy with our life right now."

"You're a sap" I mumbled laughing when she tickled me and kissed my forehead.

"You asked!" she said in exasperation before she stood up and carried me to my room "change into some play clothes and meet me downstairs. I'll call April?" she asked with a raised eyebrow, smiling when I hesitantly nodded my head.

I smiled at Daisy as she walked into my room and I nervously picked out what I wanted to wear to the park. I knew that Mom was right about Max, I had been pushing him away ever since I was pulled out of little space and that wasn't fair to him or me. He was my best friend and I missed him, but he reminded me of what I was missing out on. Once I was dressed I ran downstairs and met mom in the kitchen who was packing a bag with a small dinner, snacks, and drinks and smiled at the look she was giving me.

"Those weren't running feet I heard on the stairs were they?" she asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Daisy," I said, turning to my dog who was wagging her tail behind me "how many times do I have to tell you to stop running down the stairs?" I asked in mock anger.

"Well Daisy, the next time you run down those stairs you will be spending some time in the corner" Mom said looking at me with a smirk "got it?" she asked.

"Got it" I repeated with a smile before I followed her to the door, grabbing Daisy's leash and a few dog toys to take to the park.

As we drove to the park I kept my nerves under control by petting Daisy and talking to Mom about all of the things I wanted to do when we got there. When we pulled up I saw Max sitting on the ground next to Max and April leaning against the hood of their car.

"You ready?" Mom asked, looking back at me. she smiled when I nodded my head with a grimace and opened my door holding tight to Daisy's leash as she ran out in front of me.

"Rae!" I heard Max scream as he ran towards me with a big smile.

"Slow down love." April said with a smile putting her hand out in front of him and looking at me with a grin "How are you doing sweetheart."

"I'm okay" I said with a shrug "Hi Max." I said, smiling at my best friend "I missed you."

"I miss you too!" He said with a grin "This Daisy?" he asked.

"Yeah" I said walking up to him "do you think Daisy and Buddy will be best friends too?"

"Prob-ly" he said with a giggle "What she like to do?" he asked as our moms walked off to a nearby bench to watch us play.

"I taught her lots of tricks" I said "wanna see?" We spent the next couple of hours playing with Buddy and Daisy until our Moms came to tell us that it was time to go home.

"But I don't wanna leave" I said to mom, pouting as April and Max walked towards their car "we were having fun."

"I know love." she said with a small smile "but it's getting late and you are filthy."

"Fine" I said with a huff as we walked to the car and she helped me buckle in the backseat.

"I'm glad you guys had fun" she said as we pulled out of the park and drove home "are you glad we invited Max."

"Yeah," I said with a smile, "you were right."

"I usually am." she said with a grin "When we get home you need to jump in the shower, it's almost time for bed."

"Can I take a bath?" I asked after a second.

"Of course bug" she said, "you never have to ask." she said as she pulled into the garage and parked the car.

"Can you help me?" I asked quietly as we walked into the house.

"I would love to," she said, looking down at me in surprise "you grab some PJ's and meet me in the bathroom."

Once I grabbed the pajamas I wanted to wear to bed and met her in the bathroom where the tub was being filled up with water. I sighed and looked at her with big eyes.

"To answer your unasked question," I said with a small smile "I don't really feel small, but I don't exactly feel big either." I said with a shrug. "It's kinda confusing."

"Day by day my love" she said with a small shrug as she helped me into the bath. I didn't want to take a long bath so I was in and out basically just cleaning myself off before I got out and put my pajamas on.

"Thanks for today Mom." I said giving her a hug before I ran into my room with Daisy following close behind me "I love you." I smiled as I heard her yelling an I love you too before I closed the door and crawled into bed.