Gretel's Will

Meanwhile...

Ace is walking down the hall, blending in with enemies.

Ace: How am I suppose to find her if there are so many of the enemies roaming?!

He is still bothered by the ability of Vetras, which turns the man back there into dust.

All of the sudden, an explosion happened and the whole fortress was shook by it.

Ace: What was that?!

"All men proceed to battle stations! We have an intruder!" Said one of mercenaries as they ran across the hallway towards the origin of the explosion.

"Don't tell me..!" Said Ace as he ran towards it also.

Ace: Gretel you idiot! Why would you let the enemy that you were there!

***

At the lower hall, Gretel is exchanging gunshots with the enemies.

"Tch. There is a whole lot of them, we're probably gonna die before we get out of this place" said Gretel.

"I hope we don't die" said Arturia as she hid behind Gretel.

Another bullet went pass beside Gretel. She instantly grabbed Arturia she bust down the wall by turning into a dragon.

The bullet exploded midway, and the explosion was strong that the whole Fortress was once again shook-up by the shockwave.

"Are you alright?" Gretel asked Arturia as she turns back to normal.

"I'm fine, but my ears are still ringing from that" said Arturia.

Gretel: This is bad, even if I turn into a dragon, that'll only make me a bigger target for him. Not only is his magic that powerful, he is also good at sniping.

"Hey hey, you can't hide forever" said the person as reloads his gun.

***

Gretel finally realised that hiding and running away isn't going to get them anywhere.

"Whatever you do, do not go outside of this room, things are about to get messy" said Gretel.

"No way! Both of us are going to get out of this place together and go back home" said Arturia.

Gretel remembered what they were talking about back then.

Gretel karate chopped Arturia's head.

"OUCH! That hurt!" Said Arturia as she tear up a little.

"You have been carrying a lot of burden ever since. What happens here now, is the work of fate. And just like someone said before, "it can end in either a happy or sad way". But, this time, I am going to reject it and will do whatever it takes to come back alive. So wait for me here" said Gretel as she heads out.

"That's a promise!" Said Arturia.

***

"Took you long enough to come out. Either way, you are already surrounded." Said the person as the mercenaries circles around the area to avoid them from escaping.

"I'll end this and go back home" said Gretel as she transforms her right hand into a gun and her left into a sword.

"Now, BRING IT ON!" said the person as he points his gun at her.

To be continued...