The Beginning of the Assault

Ace and the others are taking a walk around the city once again.

"It's already noon time, but my stomach is still full from Chrono's treat" said Ezra.

"It's because you ate too much" said Max.

"Too bad that he can't join us in our walk because he has a busy schedule" said Hansel.

(5 hours ago..)

They finished eating at the restaurant.

"So, I will take my leave. It looks like I have a busy schedule today" said Chrono.

"We can't thank you enough" said Ezra.

Hansel: Although you were the one who ate too much...

"Don't mention it, consider it as a token of my gratitude for defeating the monster that terrorized the city back then. I had a lot of paperwork to do last night that I woke up late. And when I heard that there was a monster terrorizing the city, I immediately tried to head to it, but when I arrived, it was already been defeated by Ace" said Chrono.

"It's not actually a big deal" said Ace.

Hansel looked at Ace's hand, which is still shaking.

"Well then, off I go" said Chrono as he ran back to his office.

(Present time..)

Ace and the others head off to see the fireworks show near the seashore.

"There sure is a lot of people here" said Max.

"Of course, it is said that this show is rather amusing to see" said Hansel.

"Is that so? We still have a few hours" Said Ezra.

"I'll go and buy something to drink" said Ace.

He went to the stalls to buy something.

He suddenly saw someone buy a crèpe, which reminded him of Julie.

"I wonder what she's doing now.." Ace.

***

(Back at the council)

Julie is talking with Juniper on something.

"Is that what you want?" Azumi asked.

"Yes, I promise that I'm not what I was back then" Julie replied.

Azumi opened the simulation room.

"If you're prepared and determined, then come inside" said Juniper as she went to the simulation room.

Julie didn't hesistated and went inside also.

***
Back at Ace, he went back with the others at the stand, but he suddenly felt an unknown presence lurking in the nearby woods.

"What was that?" Said Ace.

Due to curiousness, he went to the woods by himself.

As he walk by himself, he keep sensing that someone or some people are watching him.

"Come out!" Said Ace.

All of the sudden, 2 monsters tried to attack Ace from both direction.

Ace activated his ability and punched the two monsters simultaneously.

"Whatever you're trying to pull isn't gonna work" said Ace.

4 people wearing different masks suddenly came out of the shadows, and the one in the middle is clapping in amusement on what Ace said.

"You really are an interesting one, Ace" said  the one in the middle.

"Judging from the aura I sensed from you, you want to attack the people from the stands" said Ace as he take a fighting stance.

"Is that so? You're not half bad" said the person.

To be continued...