Battle between Rivals: Part 2

At the distance, Spade was concious and because of Ace's attacks, he is completely immobilized and is watching from the distance.

"That monster just yelled "Cristina"..." said Spade.

Spade suddenly had an idea of what is happening.

"I see... so it actually was true. I thought it was just another fairytale when they told it to us kids. The Knight that devours and the Divine Beast Goddess, they continued their battle again after a hundred years" said Spade.

***

Rogue kept on attacking Cristina, but all of his attacks were being deflected with her axe.

Rogue grab the axe's blade and punched Cristina with his right fist.

Cristina, however, blocked his attack with her palm.

"You'll need to do better than that to beat me. After all, I'm a goddess!" Said Cristina as she counters with a kick.

Rogue took on a direct hit from Cristina, and was becoming more and more aggressive.

***
Meanwhile...

Ace was back at the void where Shade is.

"What's going on?! Why can't I control Rogue?!" Ace asked.

"Apparently, this is all unexpected too in my case." Shade replied.

"Even though he is one of my alter ego like you, I can't even control his power." said Ace

Shade sat down and glanced at Ace.

"I hate to break it to you, but apparently, Rogue isn't an alter ego of yours" said Shade.

Ace was surprised on what he just heard.

"Then what is he doing in my conciousness?! In my body?!" Said Ace.

"When we first arrived here in this dimension, I was reverted back to this place. And then, there I saw a shadowy figure trying to go inside without you noticing. It tried to attack me, so in the end, I used my ability to caged it" said Shade.

"What do you mean?" Said Ace.

"It means that you are possessed by a third party spirit of a dangerous person" said Shade.

***
Back at the Skyscraper's area..

Cristina and Rogue are going all out on their battle, yet they are both equally matched.

"I can't believe you chose Ace as your vessel" said Cristina.

Rogue just roared and continues its attacks.

Cristina clenched her left fist and punched Rogue.

Rogue got back up again in his feet and it continues to dash towards Cristina.

"Beast ability: Grizzly claw!" Said Cristina.

Her arms transformed into a grizzly's arms and used it to counter Rogue's attack.

"Not only did you killed all of my kind, but you took control the body of Ace. Therefore, I cannot let this continue on, and finish this endless battle omce and for all!" said Cristina.

Rogue backed away and starts to release a huge amount of energy on his right arm.

While Cristina pours all her magical energy on the axe and the magical curcuits on her body became visible.

"Rogue... it's about time we finish this madness" said Cristina.

And they both dashed at each other at the same time.

Rogue is about to use his full power on his fist and Cristina is also gonna do the same with an axe.

Both of their attacks clashed and a huge explosion occured.

***
At the distance, Ash stopped running and was surprised to see the explosion.

"Julie!!" Ash yelled.

Zaldo stopped Ash as he was about to head back.

"Pull yourself together!" Said Zaldo.

***

When the smoke finally clears...

Cristina's is bleeding all over and the axe was shattered, while Rogue is still standing even if his fist was bleeding too.

"You....Lost...." said Rogue.

Cristina was down on her knees.

"If only Julie's body was able to withstand my magic... maybe I would've won. Maybe my magic is still not fully restored" said Cristina.

Rogue walks toward Cristina, and he grabbed her neck.

He raised Cristina up while strangling her.

Rogue clenched his left fist and another flow of strong mana enclosed his arm.

Cristina was exhausted and has passed out. She gave the body back to Julie.

Rogue tries to finish the battle by dealing the final blow.

"A..ce..." whispered Julie.

***
In the void, Ace heard Julie's voice.

"Julie?!" Said Ace.

"Let me ask you something first." Said Shade.

"What is it?" Ace asked.

"Are you that easy to manipulate?"

Ace suddenly realised something from Shade's question.

All of the sudden Ace had a serious look on his face and his aura became stronger.

"From the start, I wanted to live a normal life and to protect my love ones, but when I came to this world, I realize that in order to do that, I need to become stronger!"

Shade grins when he heard Ace's answer.

"Go little twerp, don't let that girl die" said Shade.

Ace nods then jumps high. He clenched his fist and tries to blast a hole in the void.

"That's right, Ace. Don't let him control you, rather, you should be the one manipulating him" said Shade.

***
Suddenly, Rogue couldn't move his left arm.

The black aura that Rogue emits was fading and was being absorb by Ace's body.

Little by little, Ace was breaking  Rogue's body takeover.

"Julie!!!!" Ace yelled as he recovers his body back from Rogue.

Ace quickly removed his hand from Julie's neck and hugged her.

"I promise I'll become stronger to protect you all" said Ace.

Julie smiled as she passed out.

To be continued...