20: She's still here

*Michael's POV*

"I know you don't exactly support my decision, but it's already happened and just because you catch me once, doesn't mean I'll stop!" I yell at Piper, knowing that she's mad at me.

"She's dead, Michael! I'm not! I'm literally right fucking here but you're ignoring me to go to your dead ex's fucking grave!" she screams back, waving her arms in all directions.

I shake my head and calmly walk into the kitchen.

"You can't stop me, and you know it. I don't give a single fuck whether you like it or not, it helps me to see her, it makes me happy to see her," I say with a low voice before I grab a glass and filling it with water.

"You know you can't change my mind," I continue as I bring the glass up to my lips and gulp down the entire thing.

I place the glass carefully by the sink and walk to the kitchen island and sit down on the counter.

She walks towards me, stopping between my legs as she looks at me.

I look back at her with stern eyes and don't say another word.

"It's not helping you, Mikey. The only thing it does, is making you more stuck than what you've been since her funeral!" she says, her voice getting loud and squeaky.

I cringe at how high pitched her voice gets when she's mad and look away.

"You can't make me stop."

"There's nothing I can do or say, is it? How long have you gone to see her grave for?"

"A month."

"And you've kept it a secret from me. Do you know what that tells me?"

I look away and take a deep breath, allowing her to continue to speak un-interrupted.

"It tells me that you don't love me, nor did you ever. You never got over her. You're basically cheating on me with your dead ex girlfriend."

My head quickly snaps back to her, causing her to jump slightly and taking a step back.

"Stop calling her dead, and stop saying I'm cheating."

I tower over her in a demanding way, furrowing my brows and looking her dead in the eye.

She looks crumpled underneath me, but it doesn't stop me.

"Take it back," I demand, inching myself closer to her face in a threatening way.

"Take it back, or God help me I'll run wild."

She's obviously scared of me at this point, and I'm aware of what I'm doing, but Thomine isn't here to defend herself, so I will.

Even if she's no longer with me, I still love her and I always will.

I promised her I wouldn't let anyone hurt her or treat her the same way I did, and that's a promise I'll always intend to keep.

"Michael-"

"Take it back, Piper."

"Okay, okay! I take it back!" Her eyes are squinting, her voice barely above a whisper as she curls up and stand in front of me in a defensive way.