19: Distraction

This chapter contains slight smut towards the end!

*Michael's POV*

*beep beep beep beep*

I groan as I sloppily push myself far enough up from my bed to rest on my elbows and reach for my nightstand to turn the alarm off.

It's yet another day without my friends and girlfriend.

Only God knows how I've managed to go this far without them.

I let myself fall back down on my chest and I sigh heavily.

I open my left eye and look to the window that was letting the sun seep through the curtains.

I groan as I force my feet to move to the edge of the bed, causing me to automatically sit up.

I rub my eyes harshly, trying to wake myself up before I slip out of the bed and stumble my way to my bathroom to take a shower.

*Skipping day*

I put all my stuff in my locker, just shoving everything in without giving a single fuck about what's where and what may or may not be crushed before I grab onto the locker door and let myself breathe for a second.

As soon as I close it, I see Piper standing next to me, just staring in front of her.

"Shit, Piper! You scared the living fu-"

"Mikey, are you okay?"

She turns her head slowly to me, not looking at me until her head is as close to 180° as possible.

As soon as her grey eyes meet my green ones, I can see the worry and sorrow in them. She feels bad for me, and she's not hesitant to show me.

"I'm holding up," I admit, looking down at the floor.

I back away from my locker, but end up crashing into someone as soon as my second step is taken.

I turn around after whispering 'sorry, man', but I'm shocked when I see Ashton.

"It's all good, dude," he winks before walking off.

I watch him as he speeds away, thinking about everything that went down the last year.

Ashton hasn't been the same. He changed when we got back to school. He's the classic fuckboy now, literally.

He flirts with every breathing creature that has breasts and a vagina, fucks whoever show interest and leave them there to go to his next booty call.

I sigh lightly before turning back to my girlfriend.

"I don't know where it all went wrong, but I regret everything. I miss the old days when we used to be friends," I say looking at the lockers as tears started to form in my eyes.

Piper doesn't say anything, she only strokes my upper arm a few times before lightly squeezing it.

She has a sincere look in her eyes, she really does feel bad for me. I wish she didn't though, it makes me realise how bad things actually are.