18: Leaving

*Luke's POV*

"Hey, Luke. Are you ready?"

I'm sat in my bed, looking at my empty room.

I remember everything that went down here; all the times I told Michael what to do to Thomine, trying to rape her, Michael fighting me. Everything.

I slowly turn my head towards the door where my mom is leaning on the frame with a worried look all over her face.

"Not really. There's just way too many memories that has taken place in here. How will I ever move on from this?"

I look down at my lap where I was holding a picture of me, Michael, Ashton and Calum from our first gig.

I've never seen Ash smile as big as he did that day. He was the one who from the beginning told us we'd be big one day, the only one who actually saw us being something.

We never even got to do our first tour.

Calum with his old bass, Michael with his father's old guitar from when he himself was in a band, and then there's me.

I was the one who started a this. I was the one who made those covers on YouTube and had Michael and Calum contact me, and then Ashton was just thrown in there because we needed a drummer.

Yes, we did grow up together but at one point we got into a fight and Ashton left us. We came back to him and apologized for everything, and this is a story only the four of us know. We made up for everything by taking him out and literally praising him for a day because the fight was over how we didn't respect him or anyone for that matter... He joined my band and now we were all friends again and I couldn't be more proud!

I was the one who gathered us all, who tweeted about our gig, who opened our act. It was all me.

Now look at us. Calum is dead, I'm moving and Michael and Ashton are the only ones left.

My mom slowly makes her way over to me before she carefully sits down beside me and put her arm around my shoulders.

She didn't say anything, she just rested her head on my shoulder and held me tightly, telling me it was going to be okay without speaking.

I restedy cheek on the top of her head and closed my eyes, letting my tears fall down. I sobbed loudly, trying to regain my breath, but failed miserably.

My crib on the picture tightened as my mom held me harder each sob that escaped my chapped lips.

I haven't really eaten much since I got out of the hospital, nor have I spoken to any of the remaining parties of our weird, dysfunctional group.

I miss them all, but I made a promise to myself to never speak with them again.

I'm going to move on, I know I will, but talking to them will only make it harder. I need a new beginning, a blank slate.

I manage to control my sobbing and eventually breathe normal again before my mom speaks up.

"Our plane leaves in about an hour, we have to go, Luke."

She sat back up and looked at me for a few seconds.

She wiped away the tears from my cheeks and gave me a small smile before she got up from the bed.

"C'mon, we don't wanna Miss this plane. There's not another one until Thursday," she said and held her hand out for me.

I looked down at the picture one last time before placing it back on the nightstand and grabbed my mom's hand, allowing her to help me get up.

We walked out of the house, not giving it a last look before getting in the car and driving off to the airport where my new life was waiting for me.

I'm not going to let this ruin me. It's hard, but I'll get through it. I'll be fine one day, after many therapy sessions and sleepless nights, but I'll get through it.

I give the lady my ticket and passport as she looks at me.

She makes sure everything is correct before handing it back to me and gives me a small smile.

"Have a safe flight," she said as she handed me my passport and I nod before boarding the plane.

This is the last time I'll be here. I'm not coming back, ever again. Not for a funeral, not for a reunion, never.

I'm done with this place, and everyone here.

I need to move on.

I'm going to move on.

Author's note:

So this is the last we'll hear from Luke.

As he said, he's done with this place. The next step is Michael and Ashton trying to cope with everything that's happened, and everything that's going to happen.

I'm sorry I've been absent from this story for so long, but I'm wrapping it up now as I don't see where else to take it.

I wanna say thank you for giving me your attention and reading what my mind can come up with!

If you're in the 5sos fam, I love you, and I promise I won't ever stop supporting these idiots, neither will I ever forget what they've done for me.

If you're like me and slightly losing interest in them, but wanted to see how I could continue this sad story, hey!
I have other ideas coming up, which aren't 5sos but rather the Dolan Twins! So if you're interested, peep them once they're published!

Again, thank you all so much for reading this story, and I hope that one day, I might come back to this story and give it a proper goodbye as the ending I have in mind isn't exactly ideal.

Until next time, stay safe and comfortable, I love you!