Chapter 25: Next Group Announcement

Start from the beginning

"Which is why we should go first again." Changbin said, causing JC to pout and cross her arms.

"Who are they?" Daehyun asked.

Woohyun smiled. "I'll start with the maknae line."

"The male maknaes are Daehyun, D.NK, and Chase, right?" Blue asked. "Or would you count the twins, too?"

"Either way, it means Daehyun is in the group." Scout said. "He's the only one that wasn't in the first one."

"Oh yeah~" Everyone said in realization.

"Wait!" Daehyun exclaimed, looking at Woohyun. "Is it really me?!"

Woohyun smiled before nodding.

"Yes!!" Daehyun exclaimed.

"Congrats maknae!!" Chewy hugged Daehyun as they were sitting beside each other.

"Wait." Hikaru said. "The 98-liner, isn't Tyson the only one?"

"Yeah, he is." James nodded.

"I'm in the group?" Tyson asked with a smile.

Woohyun nodded.

"Congratulations oppa." Evelyn said, hugging her childhood friend.

"Next, the 97-liners." Changwoo said.

"The 97-liners are Barae, Ricky, Alex, and Takashi." A.D said.

"One has to be Alex or Takashi because they are the only male newbies." Pop said. "And the other has to be Barae or Ricky."

"You are correct, Pop." Woohyun nodded.

"Well, who is it?" Kaoru asked.

"Between Alex and Takashi, the member is..." Woohyun paused for suspense. "The honey vocals, Alex."

Everyone cheered for Alex and gave him hugs. All he could do was smile and nod humbly.

"And Barae and Ricky." Woohyun spoke.

"It has to be Barae." Chewy said to me, holding my hand tightly. "He's been apart of RC longer."

"I don't know, babe." I said with worry. "Ricky has been training longer."

"The member is..." Woohyun said, for the second time, pausing for suspense again. "Ricky."

"Darn." Chewy said, wanting her brother to debut.

Barae looked disappointed but still congratulated Ricky. Chewy consoled her brother from afar since we weren't near him.

"Ricky deserves it, too." I told Chewy.

"I agree." Chewy nodded. "I just feel bad for my brother."

"I do too." I said. "It's okay, but be supportive of Ricky too. He's just as much as our member as Barae is."

"Of course, I know that, and I will." She gave me a reassuring smile.

I smiled back and kissed her on the forehead.

"That leaves one more member left." Woohyun spoke.

"Hyung line." D.NK said.

"Yes." Woohyun nodded.

"Wait!" Chewy exclaimed, looking at me. "Oppa, it's you!"

"What?" I asked. "You don't know for sure."

"It has to be." Blue, who was behind us, chimed in. "You're the only older one who wasn't in the first group."

"Exactly!" Chewy exclaimed.