Part 19- Listen Before i go.

Miss Peregrine was being thrown around the kitchen, swinging through mid air, hitting various items and counters, making loud crashing noises as she did. Claire, Hugh, Fiona and Bronwyn were all huddled in a corner, arms wrapped around each other in fright. I glanced behind me to see Enoch. He picked up a butchers knife, but quickly realised what i was about to do. I knew these kids would fight to protect their family, even though there were far more hollows than there was them. With Miss Peregrine being attacked, i was the only one could could truly fight and have a chance of winning. I knew that another transformation would make me one step closer to changing permanently, but i needed to do something.

I looked Enoch in the eyes, marched over to him, planted a firm kiss on his lips and  hugged him tight. As i did this, i whispered in his ear, "im sorry." I could feel his breath pause.

"Don't do this, Toni"

His voice sounded broken, but i didn't quite know how to respond, so i left him with silence. Then i changed. This time it was different, i could see everything, i could control myself. It took me a second to get used to my surroundings. I could see everything, Including the hollows. There were five. They loomed over the kitchen, one was going towards the huddled children in the corner. I grabbed it by the head and ripped it from its body. Next was the one who had Miss Peregrine by the ankles, waving her about. I took it by the torso and ripped it limb from limb. The other three which were in the garden previously, were now close to bursting through the window. I beat them two it, grabbing the nearest one with my claws and smashing it into the other two, knocking them all out with one small stroke. 

The other children were on their feet now, all with various weapons in their hands, ready. Miss Peregrine, dusted herself off and grasped her bow in her hand, ready to shoot. More hollows were appearing left, right and centre, i slashed each one as they came, so they wold be dripping with blood, seen by everyone. As soon as they were mildly visible, the children went in for the attack, kicking, stabbing,slicing at each beast as they came towards them. Soon every peculiar child was fighting for each other. I couldn't help but look at them and wonder how i got so lucky. It was then, i realised i didn't need parents or an aunt to feel special, i had had the family i needed all along.

More waves of hollows came flooding in, hungry for eyes. I summoned snakes, that slithered out of the floorboards and through pipes, all fighting. The hollows were decreasing and soon there was none left. Everything seemed quiet, i turned to look at the children, who i think had just gotten a good look at me. Fear filled their eyes, everyone but Enoch, who just looked in amazement, like i wasn't a monster. I found myself becoming human, decreasing, but something was wrong.

I felt weak, my body, wearing the remains of my clothes. I stumbled outside the back door, tripping and falling to the floor. I couldn't think. I looked up at the sky, the sun was setting, the sun masked by wispy clouds. Enoch's face appeared.

"Toni!" he exclaimed. His hand clutched onto mine.

"E.." i said, i could feel the monster ripping up my soul, trying to take over. I did little to fight back.

"Toni, its ok, its ok, we can work this out, i promise." His words were mumbled and fast. I took my hand away from his and placed it on his face, wiping away his tears. 

"Let me go Enoch." I said, very calmly 

"Toni." I could feel his heart breaking as he spoke.

"It's ok." I reassured him "I love you." I said, looking at those eyes i fell in love with.

"I love you too." His voice cracked as more tears fell. 

I could feel myself being let go, i wan't me, i would never be me again and as it all faded into black.

"Goodbye, Enoch."

Antoinette Rose Justice cried for the first time in years on that day, and as the monster took over, it staggered upwards and into the forest behind the house. And although she was gone, the monster, with those big green eyes, looked back at Enoch O'Connor, who was sat on the grass, with tear stained cheeks and all the love in the world for that girl. And with one swish of the wind, she was gone.