Part 8- Numb

After my kiss with E, i didn't think that anything would change, we kept hanging out an after a month he asked me to be his girlfriend. But of coarse Miss Peregrine would never approve, so we kept it a secret, sneaking into each other's rooms at night so we could chat.

no one even suspected anything. One afternoon i got a letter. It was in a brown envelope.

Dear Toni,

i realise this is short notice, but i am your aunt from your mother's side and i was wandering weather you would like to come and live with me for a while. I know you haven't had a motherly figure in your life before and i want to change that. I live in France, so you would have to move quite far away from the children's home. I know this is a hard decision to make, but i know you will make the correct one, love aunt Caroline xxx

I dropped the letter onto the kitchen table, brushed past Enoch who was standing in the corridor and ran out of the front door. I was getting angrier by the minute. I ran deeper and deeper into the woods so i wouldn't harm anyone if i lost control. My breathing was getting heavier and my legs were starting to give up beneath my body. I screamed until my lungs lost all breath that was in them. I had had a family relative this whole time. i had lived with abusive parents, a drunk uncle and a shitty orphanage, when i could of been with perfectly good aunt who would of taken care of me, not called me a monster. I yelled again and then i did something i hadn't done in a very long time. I cried. Hot, black tears fell from my eyes, dripping violently on the grass. At this point Enoch had caught up with me and was standing about four feet behind me.

"Toni?" He questioned, taking a step towards me

"don't come closer." I said through gritted teeth ad my voice deepened and my body started to loose control.

"please." Enoch said "Don't."

"LEAVE!" i shouted as my dress ripped as i got taller. The remainder of my pale skin was turning green and scaley, just like a reptile. I towered above him, my claws ripping into the ground.Everything went black.

I awoke in a meadow, the sun was shiny happily as if it was smiling down at me. I looked at my hands, they were back to the paleness that my skin was before There were flowers around me. I sat up and looked around. I gasped in horror, The yellow daisies of the meadow were drenched in blood, dozens of sheep lay dead around me, their insides scattered across the field that had seemed so peaceful before. slowly stood up, my dress was barley clinging onto my body and the white collar was a deep red. I focused on the trees and stepped carefully over the bodies that lay on the ground, their expressions violent and helpless. I knew where i was. I slowly walked back in the direction of the house. I saw it peeking over the trees. I reached the front door and Enoch ran out and gave me a tight hug.

"I thought i killed you." I said

"I thought you were going to kill me." He said. We stood there for a while until Miss Peregrine burst through the door with the other children close behind her.

"Antoinette! Thank bird you are alright." She pulled me into a hug and then dragged me inside of the house to the bathroom, where she assessed the damage done. "You don't have many cuts, but i think you need a long bath. I will leave you too it." She closed the door behind her as she left. As i was sat in the bath i hummed a tune whilst i thought about what had happened. I thought about the sheep and how they seemed different from her previous attacks. She thought and hummed for a long time, washing away the blood as she did. It wasn't until she was dressed into her pyjamas till it hit her hard, like a rock. Those attacks were not of her own doing.

The sheep were murdered by hollows.

DUN DUN DUN! Another chapter finished. I'm really proud of this one. I kind of left it a bit vague on how she looked as a monster so you could imagine what she looks like, comment below what you picture the monster looking like. Make sure to vote if you enjoyed t as well, and i am open to suggestions if you want to comment them below.