Dancing with Dilemmas

Start from the beginning

"If you don't want me to break your arm right here right now, then I suggest you stop your disgusting attempts at wooing me. Inappropriate touching doesn't fucking work on me, understood?" I made sure only he heard my stern demand and he nodded vigorously.

A few people whispered and giggled as I let go of his arm and he got up. He rubbed his arm, looking a little more intrigued than before.

'Don't tell me this douchebag was into that..'

"Issues (Y/L/N)?" Severus walked over and glanced at both of us, though his eyes lingered on Tyler's arm, which he was still currently holding.

"No. I believe we've sorted things out, haven't we Tyler?" I remarked in his direction.

"Yes." He answered.

"Very well. Continue." Severus couldn't hide the tiny smirk that made its way onto his face upon seeing the outcome of my pairing with Tyler.

~End of Last Dance Lesson - December 19th - Thursday Morning~

As I and the rest of the students left the lesson hall, Tyler caught up with me.

'Great..'

"Hey, so (Y/N), I was wondering if you'd like to go to the ball with me." He asked me.

I could see Severus standing a little ways away, although, I could tell he heard Tyler's question because he scowled a bit. I can imagine Severus saying, 'you can do better than this Gryffindor boy.' It made me smile to myself a bit.

"Yeah. Sure, Tyler.." I replied begrudgingly.

He grinned and as he was leaving for his next class he said,

"Wear something, nice."

That made my smile leave my face instantly. 'God does this kid really think people find that attractive!?'

"I believe he does Ms. (Y/L/N)." I hear from my right.

I jumped a little at Severus having snuck up on me and looked a bit confused.

"Did I say that out loud?" I began to blush a little.

"No, you did not." Severus replied.

"Then how did you-?" My sentence trailed off through my confusion.

"I am a trained Legilimens, so I suggest you keep thoughts of making one jealous away." Severus replied.

Though this knowledge caught me off guard, I did think of a rather interestingly witty response,

"Oh really? Well if that's the case, then read this."

I thought of what I wanted him to see in my mind and watched as his face went pink.

'If it had been allowed, I would've asked you to join me for that first dance at the ball.'

He didn't know what to say. Instead, he just left, stammering to himself.

I laughed at this and watched him disappear down an adjacent corridor.

-After Potions-

"(Y/N), you ready to go to Hogsmeade?" Lucas asked me just as we had left the Potions Classroom.

"Ready as I'll ever be!" I replied.

Once we got to Hogsmeade, we found a boutique and went inside. While I was looking for a dress to try on, Lucas came up to me.

"Hey, (Y/N)? Could I talk to you outside for a second?" Lucas asked me.

"Of course! What is it?" I ask as we step outside.

"It's about the dance. I haven't told anyone this, and I want you to be the first to know." He began.

Lucas looked very anxious.

"Hey, you can tell me anything." I reassured him with a smile.

"Ok, so the thing is.. I'm planning on asking Alex to the Ball. But I'm starting to have second thoughts." Lucas finally told me.

"I think you should go for it! If he says no then at least you know and don't have to worry about it anymore. Though I highly doubt he would." I replied.

"You're right, (Y/N). I would feel better knowing if he does or doesn't feel the same about me." He said before we walked back into the boutique.

Once inside, I picked out multiple dresses before I found the one. It was green dress with gold detailing made of satin that flowed down my waist quite nicely. I stepped out from behind the curtain and showed Lucas the dress.

"Whoa. You look stunning (Y/N)!" Lucas said, admiring the dress.

"Thanks! Hey, have you picked out a suit yet?" I asked.

"Yep, it's this pair of black dress pants and a vest. Along with a dark blue dress shirt." He showed me the suit he had already purchased without me knowing.

"It looks so nice, especially with the blue." I smiled at it.

We picked out some shoes and I paid for my things before we left for Hogwarts.