Chapter Forty Two

Start from the beginning

"Whoa-" Guy number one starts.

"He told you to mind your business and leave her alone. Don't you have any respect?" One of the girls with black hair and pink streaks behind us pipes up, narrowing her eyes at him. She looks maybe Korean or something, but a thick British accent laces through her voice.

"Yeah, so mind your business, twat," the other black haired girl joins. This one looks Pakistani though with the same British accent that the other one has. The two guys roll their eyes before facing forward.

'Thank you,' I mouth to the two girls.

Girl number one leans in. "No problem, girl. You have a great boyfriend right there," she whispers lowly and nods towards to Luke.

"He's not my boyfriend," I tell her.

"If he isn't, he will be," girl number two whispers and winks at me, then they both sit back again.

I look back forward and turn to Luke, sending him a secret grateful smile for what he did and he gives me a smile back. The ride starts and a loud booming voice informs us the instructions before the cart starts moving and I can already feel my heart pounding loudly and a bile rising in my stomach.

I'm going to die.

It's official. I'm going to have a heart attack and die.

Please don't let me die, God. I didn't meet Brendon Urie or Luke Hemmings or Gerard Way or Patrick Stump yet. I didn't have a kid and name her after a star yet. I need to do that.

"Cherries, stop freaking out," Luke tells me.

"I'm not freaking out. Who said that I'm freaking out? I'm totally not freaking out," I ramble and Luke raises an eyebrow at me as if in 'really?'. "Okay, so maybe I am freaking out. Why did I ever agree on this?" I groan.

"You'll be fine. There's nothing real here," he assures me.

"No crap, Carter," I respond sarcastically, then I bring up my legs and hug them to myself, hiding my face in my knees.

"What are you doing?" Luke questions.

"Avoiding heart attack," I reply.

I feel the cold wind rushing by and a blood-curling scream erupts in the air as I hear something snap up and a girl from a cart lets out a shriek, while a couple of guys curse.

Yup, I'm going to die.

I look up from my knees and at this very time, a skeleton drops from above in front of us and I literally scream, hiding my face in Luke's shoulder. I hear Luke's deep chuckle and I poke his side as hard as I can, making him grunt.

The entire time on the ride, I keep shrieking and squealing that I notice one of the guys sitting in the far front, turning to me and looking at me as if I'm crazy, but I ignore him and continue my opera scream fest. The thirty five minutes I spend in the cart are all filled with things popping up and dropping from the ceiling.

And I think that chainsaw guy was staring at me, not just at me; at me. No. Like at me; at me. I'm pretty sure he wasn't a prop even if Luke says that his face was shining so much because he is made out of plastic. I'm convinced that's highlighter or a really good face cream product.